Join TexasGunTalk

Big changes!

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Woohog1, Feb 14, 2020.

1. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don’t have an official source, but I bet the secretary of state’s office does.

Also google:
    companies relocaring to texas
    ...tons of recent articles listing various companies.

One article states 660 companies moved 765 facilities out of California alone, and to Texas, over the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Nothing worse than being miserable in your job.....makes you and your life miserable and sometimes that of those around you.

I did the same thing about 25 years ago after slaving and giving my all to a company thinking it would work out and my hard work and dedication would pay off, only to be disappointed again and again when I was passed over for the ass-kissers and suck-ups who had a fraction of the talent, experience, work ethic, and knowledge I did.

Finally got fed up one night after being passed over for something I was imminently qualified for.....left work, picked up some Shiner, went home and stewed about it and vented to my wife. After talking and thinking about it, I went back to the office at like midnight, printed my resignation letter that was effective immediately and left it on my manager's keyboard and left and never went back. I obviously didn't have a job and it was just a few months after we bought our first house. She was super supportive though and knew how miserable I was. I think I would have been even if I had been promoted. The place was toxic and I hated it to my core.

After a month or so to decompress, I found a job and made a few other moves before finding my groove. But it all worked out and it's the best decision I ever made from a professional standpoint. I feel the same will happen with you.

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  3. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Home Depot just announced they’re hiring a bunch of people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Woohog1

Woohog1 New Member

Jan 16, 2020
    College Station
    I have my application in with them as well.
    I have supervisor experience as well as all sorts of sales experience. Plus I'm fairly handy with most tools and have done LOTS of work around my folks house remodeling it.
    I just need to get interviews setup, that's where I can sell myself, and that is my best asset.

5. Woohog1

Woohog1 New Member

Jan 16, 2020
    College Station
    Lots of apps in, and have had one interview.
    Still have some more apps to do, and I know things will happen quickly.

6. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    feels good to tell the boss to fk off and walk away

Charlie likes this.
  7. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been in a toxic job. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it cut years off of my life. Best thing I ever did was turn in my resignation. When I stepped out of the time gate I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off of my chest.

8. Big Green

Big Green Pew Pew TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’m hoping I feel the same way in the next few months. Hopefully I find a job that adds a few of those years back on from the ones taken.

WT_Foxtrot likes this.
  9. candcallen

candcallen Well-Known

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ya and in texas maybe even not if fired for cause and cause is easy to come up with. Like they didnt follow direction easy. If the employer wants to fight it.

Always get a lawyer cause it depends on the hearing officer if it goes there. They know people can afford that so...

10. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Keep it up.

From my last go round it seems to take 2 weeks from the time applications go in until they start calling. I thought it would be quicker but after that time I was getting all sorts of calls.

And like anything, be patient. Don't jump at the first offer or you may end up where you just left.

It's a process.

Good luck.