• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    All great points. One question vis-a-vis your last point.
    Is there a way to find companies that have relocated here to Texas? I'm unsure to find out about that.

I don’t have an official source, but I bet the secretary of state’s office does.

Also google:
    companies relocaring to texas
    ...tons of recent articles listing various companies.

One article states 660 companies moved 765 facilities out of California alone, and to Texas, over the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Target Sports

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Nothing worse than being miserable in your job.....makes you and your life miserable and sometimes that of those around you.

I did the same thing about 25 years ago after slaving and giving my all to a company thinking it would work out and my hard work and dedication would pay off, only to be disappointed again and again when I was passed over for the ass-kissers and suck-ups who had a fraction of the talent, experience, work ethic, and knowledge I did.

Finally got fed up one night after being passed over for something I was imminently qualified for.....left work, picked up some Shiner, went home and stewed about it and vented to my wife. After talking and thinking about it, I went back to the office at like midnight, printed my resignation letter that was effective immediately and left it on my manager's keyboard and left and never went back. I obviously didn't have a job and it was just a few months after we bought our first house. She was super supportive though and knew how miserable I was. I think I would have been even if I had been promoted. The place was toxic and I hated it to my core.

After a month or so to decompress, I found a job and made a few other moves before finding my groove. But it all worked out and it's the best decision I ever made from a professional standpoint. I feel the same will happen with you.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Woohog1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    College Station
    I have my application in with them as well.
    I have supervisor experience as well as all sorts of sales experience. Plus I'm fairly handy with most tools and have done LOTS of work around my folks house remodeling it.
    I just need to get interviews setup, that's where I can sell myself, and that is my best asset.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I've been in a toxic job. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it cut years off of my life. Best thing I ever did was turn in my resignation. When I stepped out of the time gate I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off of my chest.
    I’m hoping I feel the same way in the next few months. Hopefully I find a job that adds a few of those years back on from the ones taken.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    One thing to remember if it happens again.
    You can't get unemployment if you quit.
    Ya and in texas maybe even not if fired for cause and cause is easy to come up with. Like they didnt follow direction easy. If the employer wants to fight it.

Always get a lawyer cause it depends on the hearing officer if it goes there. They know people can afford that so...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Lots of apps in, and have had one interview.
    Still have some more apps to do, and I know things will happen quickly.
    Keep it up.

From my last go round it seems to take 2 weeks from the time applications go in until they start calling. I thought it would be quicker but after that time I was getting all sorts of calls.

And like anything, be patient. Don't jump at the first offer or you may end up where you just left.

It's a process.

Good luck.

newbirdhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    The first time I was laid off we panicked; sold things and lost sleep. Couple more followed. After the last layoff, I realized I was so burnt out that I had to drop out of the workforce and reset mentally. I did that for a year and a half. Still live in the same house with the same cars and the same lifestyle. Losing a job is not as earth shattering as it initially appears. Now I'm back to work and while not doing cartwheels, I'm no longer as stressed. Your sanity far outweighs perks and money; a toxic environment is not just bad mentally but stress can manifest into physical ailments. Good luck in your search.

Woohog1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    College Station
    When I first entered the work force, I had to take the first thing that was there. I didn't want to be in that industry, but alas, it paid the bills.
    Now more than 12 years have gone by and I'm right back where I started from. I have vowed that I owe it to my spouse and my kid not to continue in this cycle any longer.
    I have lots of apps out, and it will just take some time to find the right fit. It is of course stressful on the Mrs, but for far to long I have allowed the toxicity to hurt me. I'm worth more than that toxicity and the amount they are paying me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom