• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks, finally got the tools and put together, it's working. Problem I have now is non drive side always had trouble when greasing the bearing's because cheap China bike the threads are a little wonky. Bearing cup won't tighten to the frame, it's tight but not right.
    You can get a cheap set of taps for $150 and chase the threads... then sell on ebay and recoup some money.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Took my bike to a shop that handles specialized, they are putting a warranty claim for the rear wheel cracks. It is likely the issue will be covered by the warranty and I’ll get a new wheel for free! I wanted fancy carbon wheels, but I’ll take a free wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    1.37"x24tpi

Not sure what you want to put into it, but they can be had. The Amazon link isn't working on here, but with a little google-fu you can find one.

Awesome thank you! After googling not cheap, maybe a trip to local bike shop.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    42FF06CF-9050-438A-9880-C26C7DB84B69.jpeg
    Normal ride today. Does not look like we will be working many weekends. May try for a longer ride on Saturday with the daytime highs being in the 70s

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Took my bike to a shop that handles specialized, they are putting a warranty claim for the rear wheel cracks. It is likely the issue will be covered by the warranty and I’ll get a new wheel for free! I wanted fancy carbon wheels, but I’ll take a free wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a set of Tokyo Wheels and love them, but I tried to order some new ones a few months ago and they are having some major supply problems and I ended up canceling the order and getting a cheap set off Amazon and have been happy with them so far. They are a little heavy, but still better than Aluminium.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Seems like there was 3x more uphill than down. On the downhills I would pedal as hard and fast as I could to eat some of the next uphill. Good ride
    Just remember, the faster you're going the faster you loose energy too.

The energy is more efficiently used when going slower (uphill, headwind, etc).

That said its a freaking blast rocking it on a downhill.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, it’s not yesterday’s ride but about 7 miles in there was a ton of lightning
    25977A53-D47E-4FD1-B0D9-A8F56CE4B971.jpeg
    so I decided being on a steel frame bike may not be the smartest thing I could be doing this morning.
    1F9CF8AC-8C30-42D3-B401-461A043A3099.jpeg
    about a 20mph wind as well.

Top Bottom