• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    EB58B9E0-83C0-48A5-8426-642F9F548F9C.jpeg
    COTA Bike Night. Met @toddnjoyce ( theTodd half anyway, great to meet you) and had a sweltering good time.
    Lynx Defense

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Even though I havnt posted ride logs, (used Strava) my daily riding is about come to a halt. Transferring jobs and will no longer be on the bike everyday, it’s gonna go back to being set up for actual MTB use in the next few weeks.

Something like 1,500 miles on this bike and several hundred more on a few other bikes in a year or so has been fun, but great things await!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    ED666C04-5A1E-4F7C-835E-B2047678FAAD.jpeg
    After two fairly grueling days of long distance driving followed by site visits for work I finally got a ride in. 15-17 MPH wind but was able to get 21 miles in today. Much cooler up here and I may try for another when I get back from range this afternoon.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I forgot to post this the other day. It was hotter, but not as windy as my last ride was. Solo again...

14 of the 97 miles was dirt, its one of the fun things about this route. Most of it is REALLY good smooth hard pack, as good as asphalt mostly, but there is a few sections of loose over hard, and it is a chunky (~1.5in) over hard so it can dance you around or pinch flat you if it is ridden wrong.

Doing long rides like this makes shorter rides mentally easier, even if the are fast and hurt.
    41a37d519f9a5dde4afaad197c526cc6.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I forgot to post this the other day. It was hotter, but not as windy as my last ride was. Solo again...

14 of the 97 miles was dirt, its one of the fun things about this route. Most of it is REALLY good smooth hard pack, as good as asphalt mostly, but there is a few sections of loose over hard, and it is a chunky (~1.5in) over hard so it can dance you around or pinch flat you if it is ridden wrong.

Doing long rides like this makes shorter rides mentally easier, even if the are fast and hurt.
    41a37d519f9a5dde4afaad197c526cc6.jpg

If I was 1.33 miles from a century I would circle the block until I hit 100. ;)
    Great ride man. I plan to just ride until I am out of gas tomorrow( or it rains)We will see how much I can get.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Getting faster!

I have found that my speed on a ride is directionally proportional to what time I start vs what time I wake up earlier start after I wake up, faster my time is.
    I prefer riding before work as it seems to set my tone and pace for the day.
    I find if I don’t get a morning ride in, my day at work is not as productive.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I have found that my speed on a ride is directionally proportional to what time I start vs what time I wake up earlier start after I wake up, faster my time is.
    I prefer riding before work as it seems to set my tone and pace for the day.
    I find if I don’t get a morning ride in, my day at work is not as productive.
    And the wind!! I think 3 days in a row I rode with no wind, by 10am the wind started. Today was windy.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Hoji forgive me for not knowing this, but you on a road bike. I don't care for the type of bars on a road bike, I like straight bars with a more neutral fit so I,m a little more upright in the saddle.
    Do you ever have your hands go numb?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji forgive me for not knowing this, but you on a road bike. I don't care for the type of bars on a road bike, I like straight bars with a more neutral fit so I,m a little more upright in the saddle.
    Gravel bike with road bike profile. Good stretch before ride and no problems with numbness.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My hands will sometimes go numb early in the ride (left more so than the right), but then chill out as I settle in.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My fat tire bike was basically a big BMX bike, I was hunched over riding. I put ape hangers on, now I sit upright, much better for me.

Top Bottom