• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cat bites are nasty. If it is hot/warm, tender, swollen, red in any combination get some antibiotics. I got bit a few years ago and got one type, but you really need 2 types of antibiotics for cat bites. My lymph-nodes on that arm started swelling and so I went back and got taken care of with another prescription and was good the next day.
    Not a run to the Dr kind of guy, but infections from puncture wounds aught not be taken lightly

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Took me a couple of days to get to the doctor ( got bit on day one of Icepocalypse ) on antibiotics now. Swelling is way down a week later. If not at 90+% by tomorrow there is a second doctor visit in my very near future. Still pretty stiff, but will be trying a short ride this morning.
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    7B9763CE-0C55-417E-A9D7-9761C9EB7178.jpeg
    Short ride this morning.Bitten hand is a little sore.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ATTENTION !

This thread is missing two very important considerations:

1) Cate are mammals and can transmit RABIES. If one is bit by any mammal, RABIES precautions are necessary.

2) CAT SCRATCH FEVER is a VIRAL illness transmitted from/by cats to Humans; this is not really rare and not life-threatening.

Cary-on. . . . .
    leVieux

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    ATTENTION !

This thread is missing two very important considerations:

1) Cate are mammals and can transmit RABIES. If one is bit by any mammal, RABIES precautions are necessary.

2) CAT SCRATCH FEVER is a VIRAL illness transmitted from/by cats to Humans; this is not really rare and not life-threatening.

Cary-on. . . . .
    leVieux
    Furry old bastard is up on all of his shots and has not been outdoors ( except in a crate to go to the vet) in about 17 years. When he did get outside he was so terrified he stood at the door meowing until we let him back in. He may have been outside 2 minutes.;)
    I have trained every feline that comes to Casa de Hoji to not go outside by making outside an experience that involves getting sprayed with a hose as soon as their head crosses the plane of the doorway.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Furry old bastard is up on all of his shots and has not been outdoors ( except in a crate to go to the vet) in about 17 years. When he did get outside he was so terrified he stood at the door meowing until we let him back in. He may have been outside 2 minutes.;)
    I have trained every feline that comes to Casa de Hoji to not go outside by making outside an experience that involves getting sprayed with a hose as soon as their head crosses the plane of the doorway.

Cats do best as residents of crab traps, as bait.

leVieux

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    good going hoji, only bicycle here is a cruiser i ride to get the mail (prolly sees 15 miles per month)

phatt, i remember when cannondale had the lightest frames (before carbon fibre, etc).

Top Bottom