FC8CCA2D-7C43-4A75-A0EA-876FA2FA8B8F.jpeg
    Target Sports

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Good thread. I started riding last year and have lost about 60 pounds so far. I'm still 40 pounds from my goal. I was riding a wallyworld bike and it ended bad when the rear wheel came apart. The spokes came apart 3 miles from the house. I bought a Jamis DXT comp and havent looked back. I upgraded the seat to be able to ride more than 100 yards. My standard circuit is 13.25 miles I started with 3 miles and it took several months to get to 13. Sometimes I do two laps for 26 miles and that really is tough. I ride at an average of 13 mph counting stops for traffic. Overall the biking is great and I feel better after riding.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've enjoyed reading this thread even though I don't ride. The roads around here are mostly country and terrifying at the thought of sharing them with the cars. There are some trails around I might check out as I enjoy trail riding. I need a new bike though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    11804D95-B44B-4665-A63C-9B79B27044A4.jpeg
    Then the electronic malfunctions started. Siri wouldn’t not shut thefuck up. Every 3 seconds the worthless twat was screeching in my ear asking to help. Stopped , shut the Ipotato off, and restarted.
    AB581809-686B-441B-B07C-93A7E4B680A7.jpeg

Irritating morning. Got my miles in though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    5144D7CF-A090-42F6-A98D-E980E1C38339.jpeg
    Decent morning. Lots of traffic though. More than normal. Tomorrow morning forecast is 14-18 mph wind. We’ll see if I brave that, or just wait until the afternoon when it slows down

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Which model did you get? I plan on buying a trek soon, depending what I can find in stock somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trek's pro team (trek-segafredo) canned an American rider for a very non offensive twitter post that simply stated his support for Trump a moth or so ago. Trek!=Trek-Segafredo, but as the title sponsor, they can make things happen, or stop things from happening.

Just something to consider, they make good bikes and I am not going to judge you for buying or riding one, but there are a lot of good brands, Giant, Fuji, Specialized, Cannondale (I love Leftys) and others.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Trek's pro team (trek-segafredo) canned an American rider for a very non offensive twitter post that simply stated his support for Trump a moth or so ago. Trek!=Trek-Segafredo, but as the title sponsor, they can make things happen, or stop things from happening.

Just something to consider, they make good bikes and I am not going to judge you for buying or riding one, but there are a lot of good brands, Giant, Fuji, Specialized, Cannondale (I love Leftys) and others.

Interesting, I ride a cannondale now and there is a specialized with the specs I’m looking for, havnt found one by giant or any others that I wanted. May have to spend a little extra and get the specialized.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Which model did you get? I plan on buying a trek soon, depending what I can find in stock somewhere.

Marlin. And it has a 6 on it. Not sure what that signifies.

I see why you guys ride so many miles. I shaved a full 2 minutes off my normal 3 mile ride on the beach cruiser. And I am half as winded as I usually am.

Denton Bike Center has a few.

Bikes are hard to find right now. I’ve been trying to buy a bike for 3 weeks. And I’m not picky. I heard Richardson Bike Mart has around 15k unfilled bike orders.

Ive tried to buy 4-5 used Specialized bikes. Missed on all. This Trek is around, maybe slightly below them Quality wise. But was only $100 more, and the shop Tuned and adjusted it to me.

AB0A3A73-DBB5-42BB-8924-A721E24EEDB1.jpeg

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Marlin. And it has a 6 on it. Not sure what that signifies.

I see why you guys ride so many miles. I shaved a full 2 minutes off my normal 3 mile ride on the beach cruiser. And I am half as winded as I usually am.

Denton Bike Center has a few.

Bikes are hard to find right now. I’ve been trying to buy a bike for 3 weeks. And I’m not picky. I heard Richardson Bike Mart has around 15k unfilled bike orders.

Ive tried to buy 4-5 used Specialized bikes. Missed on all. This Trek is around, maybe slightly below them Quality wise. But was only $100 more, and the shop Tuned and adjusted it to me.

View attachment 231581
    Bikes are stupidly hard to find. November 4 , after the Wuhan Bat AIDS scamdemic is over I am betting the used market will be flooded.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hey Hoji, what is this app you are using?
    Runkeeper. Got the free version, and after a week or so you will get an offer to upgrade ( 25% or so off) costs about $30 a year ( I think) for the paid version. Figure the app is worth the .08 a day it costs.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Interesting, I ride a cannondale now and there is a specialized with the specs I’m looking for, havnt found one by giant or any others that I wanted. May have to spend a little extra and get the specialized.

Buy what you can afford and ride what you like, you'll still be my two wheeled brother.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom