• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Not sure this was Hoji’s issue, but lower grade chains tend to stretch faster, especially with heavy/hard peddlers...I ran into the same issue, not sure how many miles mine were lasting, but switched to a KMC z99, havnt had any issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    E3110E19-1F98-473E-A297-B74B537F4603.jpeg

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My friend Joe seemed unusually was told concerned about something at work one day. I asked what's wrong. He said his wife announced they were going to have sex tonight and it's been so long that I may have forgotten how.

No problem, I said. It's like riding a bike.

Joe said that was the problem. Remember when I went for a bike ride last year and fell off and broke my leg?

He was serious.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    During Covid we were cleaning out the garage one day. I pulled the two bikes out my wife bought us for Christmas years ago and have never been ridden. We were giving them away to Goodwill so I aired the tires up. Wife went to get on and promptly fell over and nearly killed herself. Giant road rash on her elbow and knee and a huge bruise right at her waist line. Needless to say I couldn't get those bikes to Goodwill fast enough!

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    During Covid we were cleaning out the garage one day. I pulled the two bikes out my wife bought us for Christmas years ago and have never been ridden. We were giving them away to Goodwill so I aired the tires up. Wife went to get on and promptly fell over and nearly killed herself. Giant road rash on her elbow and knee and a huge bruise right at her waist line. Needless to say I couldn't get those bikes to Goodwill fast enough!
    Sorry to hear that.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I am not. I asked her not to buy them in the first place. I have had 3 back surgeries so far and riding a bike just doesn't work for me. Glad to get them somewhere where someone will actually use them.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    78374B1C-E935-40F3-A3E3-7206C3A29A9D.jpeg
    Slow ride dodging drunk students, lol. Lot of them out there for bars to be closed in the state.
    On the one hand, good for business’ to find a work around for this bullshit order. On the other, fucka drunk driver. Designate someone to stay sober and not drive like a fuckhead.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Why would chains only last a couple months?
    Bicycle chains a small and only last 1500-2000 mi at best.

They are exposed to dust, dirt and don't have the sealing for internal lubrication like a O/X/Z-ring motorcycle chain. Also, they are lubed with oils or paraffins, which isn't as resistant to pressure as grease (which I have used in preparation for a wet MTB race)

Nice tires only last about 1000mi on the rear, 2-3x on the front.

When I was in college I was sans car and was busting out 300+miles week after week. I went through a lot of tires, chains and skin.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom