Bicycling After 25 Year of not Riding

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Thanks, finally got the tools and put together, it's working. Problem I have now is non drive side always had trouble when greasing the bearing's because cheap China bike the threads are a little wonky. Bearing cup won't tighten to the frame, it's tight but not right.
You can get a cheap set of taps for $150 and chase the threads... then sell on ebay and recoup some money.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 14, 2014
Took my bike to a shop that handles specialized, they are putting a warranty claim for the rear wheel cracks. It is likely the issue will be covered by the warranty and I’ll get a new wheel for free! I wanted fancy carbon wheels, but I’ll take a free wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker55

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 6, 2021
Katy
1.37"x24tpi

Not sure what you want to put into it, but they can be had. The Amazon link isn't working on here, but with a little google-fu you can find one.

Awesome thank you! After googling not cheap, maybe a trip to local bike shop.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
42FF06CF-9050-438A-9880-C26C7DB84B69.jpeg
Normal ride today. Does not look like we will be working many weekends. May try for a longer ride on Saturday with the daytime highs being in the 70s

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Took my bike to a shop that handles specialized, they are putting a warranty claim for the rear wheel cracks. It is likely the issue will be covered by the warranty and I’ll get a new wheel for free! I wanted fancy carbon wheels, but I’ll take a free wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a set of Tokyo Wheels and love them, but I tried to order some new ones a few months ago and they are having some major supply problems and I ended up canceling the order and getting a cheap set off Amazon and have been happy with them so far. They are a little heavy, but still better than Aluminium.

Products discussed on TGT

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud