• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Had a tune up on bike, new chain ( second on in 720 miles, guy at bike shop almost admitted he sold me an “old man bike”,lol) said I am wearing them out because I am actually riding them out. Will be upgrading to high end chain and gear cassette next trip in.

And finally , pedal straps. Looks like they made the difference in over one mile per hour on my average pace. View attachment 224112
    Ditch the straps and go clipless. It is a million times safer and easier and faster. It is worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Size 13 feet that are almost 8 inches wide. Not an easily doable option.
    If I walk barefoot I have yeti hunters following my footprints.
    That might be tougher than finding road shoes for my size 15s(That's a size 50 in bike talk). I haven't attempted to go "far and fast" in a couple of years; so my clipless days may be behind me. I've got two pairs of road shoes IF the urge ever strikes me. :)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    C0D47940-A422-4013-A63A-111FD6D3EE16.jpeg
    Today’s effort. Staying at the mall until I break in the pedal straps and get used to getting my feet in and out of them.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Wearing Merrell Creek waders. Vibrim soles.
    Comfy; but you would love the efficiency of rigid-sole shoes. I've eschewed bike shoes(!) in favor of the stiffest pair of legit hard court tennis shoes I could find. Even those have a lot of "slop" in the flex of the sole. I can immediately feel the difference IF I put on bike shoes!!
    Even just a super-rigid insert(footbed) can make a difference in other shoes like yours.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Comfy; but you would love the efficiency of rigid-sole shoes. I've eschewed bike shoes(!) in favor of the stiffest pair of legit hard court tennis shoes I could find. Even those have a lot of "slop" in the flex of the sole. I can immediately feel the difference IF I put on bike shoes!!
    Even just a super-rigid insert(footbed) can make a difference in other shoes like yours.
    If I can find a pair I will give them a try.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    When I raced track (velodrome) I used clipless with some sprint straps my foot couldn't move at all and it felt so good.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    296dd574c2e1743354656c2d459bd215.jpg

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    View attachment 224435 22 miles this morning. Seems like a good way to make the best out of waking up 45 minutes before your alarm goes off, lol.
    I usually celebrate waking up 45 minutes early by sleeping another 45 minutes! Good on ya for the extra miles! 25 used to be my "standard" ride; but it's much less now!! Probably only 15 tomorrow; but it will be with some 90-degree temps at the end.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Dang....I planned to be riding right now; but we've got the first rain storm in a month going on!
    Fair trade, I reckon. :)
    Blew out something in my Black and Decker Air Station(about 14 years old). Filled the very low 29er tires and one tire on the gravel bike. Couldn't build pressure in the second tire after it sounded like a gasket blew. I can hold my thumb over the chuck when it's running and it has a tiny bit of pressure but won't go over 15lbs in the tire. Not sure if there are consumer-serviceable parts to this little pump. Oh, well. I used a CO2 cartridge and I'm ready to ride IF it stops storming.

Top Bottom