• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    View attachment 223154 Extra laps around the mall this morning. Windier than yesterday. Right now there is no wind, ha.
    I always thought it was funny...I'd be at a stop light in the summer and people would say I bet I was glad for the breeze. I make my on breeze when I am moving... a tailwind at the same speed you are moving sucks....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    B379DDB3-45C4-402D-A3FF-C47CC9C3B9D5.jpeg
    Another case of last couple of miles dragging my average speed down by 2-3 mph, lol.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Slow down the first half by a little bit.
    You can try a little food too.

Good work

16mph wind in my face. I do ok with it hitting me from the side, or riding through neighborhoods where the buildings make a good barrier, but I never plan my routes so I often hit that wall on my way back. Might be a case of subconsciously taking the path of least resistance on the out ride

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    You know once I started tracking my vitals it added another dimension of seeing the work and progress. I’m waiting on a new band for my Fitbit since the wrist band broke last Friday. I almost duct taped it to my arm but didn’t. It should arrive soon. I haven’t missed any days working out but I miss tracking it. Keeps it interesting.

You threw down a full hour. Nice work

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You know once I started tracking my vitals it added another dimension of seeing the work and progress. I’m waiting on a new band for my Fitbit since the wrist band broke last Friday. I almost duct taped it to my arm but didn’t. It should arrive soon. I haven’t missed any days working out but I miss tracking it. Keeps it interesting.

You threw down a full hour. Nice work
    Woke up about 30 minutes before the alarm went off. Figured I would put the extra time to good use;)

My average day at work looks like this( on top of my morning ride)
    B7DFDC06-E2E0-480B-B906-76A5CDCAC15B.jpeg

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    On the road yet?
    Left my bicycle PPE at home so mainly on the 1.5 mile track around the Post Oak Mall this week. When I have my helmet, I have been braving the roads in College Station at 0300 as there is very little traffic, and what there is, I can see it from a good distance away and hop on the sidewalk until it passes.

Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    Starting to get into cycling again after a decade or two. How long does it take for saddle soreness to go away? That’s mainly what’s limiting my ride time right now.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Starting to get into cycling again after a decade or two. How long does it take for saddle soreness to go away? That’s mainly what’s limiting my ride time right now.
    Good seat on mine( gel/foam) and it has not been an issue. I scoffed at the idea that a good gel seat would make a difference, but wow, was I ever wrong on that

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    About a solid week for me if I have been off for a while

Saddles are like shoes, find one that fits and remember cushion doesn't equal comfort.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Had a tune up on bike, new chain ( second on in 720 miles, guy at bike shop almost admitted he sold me an “old man bike”,lol) said I am wearing them out because I am actually riding them out. Will be upgrading to high end chain and gear cassette next trip in.

And finally , pedal straps. Looks like they made the difference in over one mile per hour on my average pace.
    02309D26-C5B9-47A3-8E2B-D6CE8AE6252F.jpeg

Top Bottom