• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had a nice ride w my daughter at a new place. Spring Creek Nature Area in Richardson. Very nice trails

B1C3A72C-1491-4C5C-989C-02BD29CF7DBC.png
    Texas SOT

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ok, after two weeks in Virginia ( no rides, too much snow) got a 3 mile sprint in yesterday before cedar pollen had me whipped and a short ride today before meeting @OIF2 for a trade.
    AF0AC1EC-60F5-4871-96EE-EC9DEDF17C3F.jpeg
    might start riding in Buda, seems like a pretty ok area.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had a nice slow 3 mile ride Saturday evening. Had a three hour workout around noon. Thought this might work out the stiffness. It did.

No land speed records on this one. I’ve known some pro athletes and they ride bikes after big games and practices. It worked great for me. Zero soreness this morning. Something about getting the blood pumping that refreshes the muscles.

Last edited:

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    BTDT, I used to be a hard man and ride in anything, but 40 is my cutoff now. I have no reason to suffer needlessly now.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

The coldest I've ever ridden is around 40, so I'm thinking about it just to say I did it. But I might limit it to a few miles. I know 40 hurt like hell.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The coldest I've ever ridden is around 40, so I'm thinking about it just to say I did it. But I might limit it to a few miles. I know 40 hurt like hell.
    I used to not have a car, so I've ridden in snow, ice, hail, lightning, and in temps well into the 20s. Having my hands throb like I smashed my fingertips with a hammer isn't fun anymore.

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    I used to not have a car, so I've ridden in snow, ice, hail, lightning, and in temps well into the 20s. Having my hands throb like I smashed my fingertips with a hammer isn't fun anymore.

That's what hurt the most! My pinkies felt like someone was crushing them. I'll give it a "hold my beer" try, but I might not last long. :laughing:

soupgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Houston
    Well I definitely decided against riding in the cold/snow, but I did see a guy on one of the 12-degree mornings running in only a t-shirt and short shorts. He looked absolutely miserable. :roflfunny:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No ride yesterday or this morning. Cat bit hand is still a little too swollen to grip the front brake control. May try this afternoon

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought a road/mountain hybrid bike on Friday. Bought it new( one year free tune ups from Galaxy Bicycles in San Marcos, Texas) Giant “Roam” XL frame.
    My goal was to do 75+ miles a week.
    I’ll get there, but not this week, lol.

Have to take it in for new bike tune up next week and I was hoping to get a bunch of miles on it to break some stuff in. Total miles since Friday afternoon, 15, ha.
    I’ll get there. Just won’t be as quick as I thought.

I'm 77.5 now, resumed cycling at age 61. I say: begin with set times to cycle, say one hour 4 or 5 times/week. Don't do it by distance, especially at first. Don't push yourself, especially at first. Ride only in less dangerous routes.

Wear helmet and "safety vest". Gloves help. Wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots; not those "cycling shoes". Have someone with pickup on standby for flats & breakdowns. Remember, your ride will be converted to a walk not infrequently; you'll be glad for walking shoes or hiking boots.

Seek shady areas in Summers, ride early or late in the day.

Never try to assert your "right-of-way" over other traffic, no matter the Law.

I always go well-armed. I have been very glad to have been armed several times in both Houston and New Orleans. There are lots of serious crazies, plus criminals.

Good Luck !
    leVieux

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    No ride yesterday or this morning. Cat bit hand is still a little too swollen to grip the front brake control. May try this afternoon
    Cat bites are nasty. If it is hot/warm, tender, swollen, red in any combination get some antibiotics. I got bit a few years ago and got one type, but you really need 2 types of antibiotics for cat bites. My lymph-nodes on that arm started swelling and so I went back and got taken care of with another prescription and was good the next day.
    Not a run to the Dr kind of guy, but infections from puncture wounds aught not be taken lightly

Top Bottom