• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Did some trails today but had to turn around early. Front tire isn’t holding air. It’s set up tubeless and a little sealant would fix it. I’ve got new tires coming in tomorrow so I’ll save myself the mess and just wait. Still managed 9.4 miles.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not too messy to add some via the valve stem, but if you have new tires anyway, why bother.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Its not too messy to add some via the valve stem, but if you have new tires anyway, why bother.

I add it through the stem. My concern was that even if I just added an ounce, there would still be some in there when I tore it down tonight plus that’s just more to remove when seating the new tire. I got her apart, new tape, and a new stem. All ready for Brown Santa to drop off my Terra Trail 40 tomorrow.
    31b8c6fdeaee9fafe5b3b7072efbd376.jpg

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    View attachment 237735 Riding in the daytime is making me realize why so many cyclists have such a low opinion of drivers, lol. Still no speed records, but feeling better and better. 300 crunches today before rib told me to fuckoff.

Faster than what I rode today! I was on the green belt trails. Too many families walking 4 abreast. Quit counting how many people I had to try to not run over.

W

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I add it through the stem. My concern was that even if I just added an ounce, there would still be some in there when I tore it down tonight plus that’s just more to remove when seating the new tire. I got her apart, new tape, and a new stem. All ready for Brown Santa to drop off my Terra Trail 40 tomorrow.
    31b8c6fdeaee9fafe5b3b7072efbd376.jpg

Thats why I take my tires off in the kitchen where there is tile instead of a rug. When you've been married as long as I have, you just know better than doing it in the living room unless the wife is out of town.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    92506068-EACD-4D34-A9D1-E777A5DA1ACB.jpeg
    Still not breaking any speed records, but I did get half of a ride in today. Also re aggravated my rib changing a tire on my truck after work this morning.
    6D843464-FCC1-47D6-9420-D896C9C44E3E.jpeg

Still able to hit 350 crunches but boy did the last 349 of them really ache.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    What happened to the law the cyclist must yield to pedestrians?
    Its a courtesy, much like holding the door for someone. And a fairly reasonable one WHEN peds aren't taking advantage and not giving any room. If you hold the door for someone and a stream of people are flowing through, at some point, you'll let them fend for themselves and walk on in too.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Any of y’all bike Big Bend area? I’ve got reservations for primitive camping at the state park in May. Was thinking about taking my gravel bike.

W

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Its a courtesy, much like holding the door for someone. And a fairly reasonable one WHEN peds aren't taking advantage and not giving any room. If you hold the door for someone and a stream of people are flowing through, at some point, you'll let them fend for themselves and walk on in too.

More than a courtesy, it is the law.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Any of y’all bike Big Bend area? I’ve got reservations for primitive camping at the state park in May. Was thinking about taking my gravel bike.

W

A buddy of mine just did a bicycle camping trip for a few days out there. It looked awesome

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Ha! I’ve gone from talking about those bastards running stop signs On bikes to being one of the bikers on the road.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It’s kind of funny seeing cyclists talk about walkers the same way drivers talk about cyclists.

It’s the circle of transportation.

There are enough jerks in each category for them all the be correct to some extent.

As a cyclist, I sometimes take a position in the road because I don't want you passing in a bad spot or because I see something potentially hazardous to me. BUT I will move over and wave you past as soon as it is safe for you to get around (double yellow or not).

I don't expect peds to jump off the trail for cyclists, I don't when I am walking. But I pay attention to the world around me and give them what room I can.

When I drive, I have never been held up by a cyclist long enough I couldn't make the time up by assuming my speedometer eers slow for a minute or two. Heck, I can keep up with traffic on S Lamar or SoCo from 290/71 to 1st St or more if the lights work for me.

Much of the "hate" is essentially a socially acceptable scapegoat for the inconvenienced party's emotions. Much like this discussion:

Top Bottom