• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I will get back on the bike as soon as I can do 500 crunches( half of my morning routine) I did “1” yesterday and “5” today. Might be a week or so.:(
    Dr. Matt would say forego the crunches and ride the bike then add the crunches when they are comfortable.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Dr. Matt would say forego the crunches and ride the bike then add the crunches when they are comfortable.

Tried. Leg over frame sucked a little and pedaling around parking lot of hotel said wait a couple of more days. :( I really need to get back on the bike

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    Bought a road/mountain hybrid bike on Friday. Bought it new( one year free tune ups from Galaxy Bicycles in San Marcos, Texas) Giant “Roam” XL frame.
    My goal was to do 75+ miles a week.
    I’ll get there, but not this week, lol.

Have to take it in for new bike tune up next week and I was hoping to get a bunch of miles on it to break some stuff in. Total miles since Friday afternoon, 15, ha.
    I’ll get there. Just won’t be as quick as I thought.
    I am happy for you. I started 3 years ago on a road bike, it keeps me in shape and alert. Once you get hooked, you will never look back. I always ride with a helmet as too many people texting but worth the risk for me.... RIDE ON!

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    Planning to go ride at some concrete trails this evening. I think I can get a good bit faster when I’m not dodging cars in my neighborhood and zig-zagging around blocks.
    Have you used the app STRAVA? It is a great app that I use, its free and will show you "Heat Maps" where most cyclist ride i.e. safe routes... You might check it out, its a great app that will add to your enjoyment of riding!

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    Very cool. I will NOT even be attempting that ride.

I will be pretty happy if I can get up to 20 miles a day. Add that every other day to my current health routine and I will be happy with it. There is a paved 8 mile hike/bike trail near Bergstrom Airport I am going to check out this week
    Thats awesome, mile at a time and don't forget to enjoy the journey, right........

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Tried. Leg over frame sucked a little and pedaling around parking lot of hotel said wait a couple of more days. :( I really need to get back on the bike
    Sucks, but you have got listen to what your body tells you. A few days or weeks off wont be bad, it will take like 2 rides to be back where you were.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Have you used the app STRAVA? It is a great app that I use, its free and will show you "Heat Maps" where most cyclist ride i.e. safe routes... You might check it out, its a great app that will add to your enjoyment of riding!
    My personal heat map shows nearly every road in Brazos and Travis county.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

My first referral to an app was by Hoji, so I use Runkeeper. Its working OK for what I do now. Not sure if it has route suggestions, but I won't be riding on any major roads. Knew a guy that died while riding in Dallas.

The good news is there are lots of sidewalk trails around the Dallas area.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My first referral to an app was by Hoji, so I use Runkeeper. Its working OK for what I do now. Not sure if it has route suggestions, but I won't be riding on any major roads. Knew a guy that died while riding in Dallas.

The good news is there are lots of sidewalk trails around the Dallas area.
    Had more folks I was friends with or knew from racing get kit and killed than I want to sit and count right now but over 5...

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I know a few folks here in Dallas that have been hit and gotten pretty messed up. No fatalities fortunately.

I stay on trails and tertiary roads. You can get just about anywhere here in town if you plan it out. I can ride from north Carrollton to White Rock without much risk.

Did the mountain biking thing here for a while too with DORBA.

Plenty of opportunities here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    36D376FA-B5D3-45B9-B102-6384BCFAB976.jpeg
    Rib is healing. Did 200 crunches before it hurt too much to continue and after pain subsided I got back on the bike after 2 weeks of recovering. Not breaking any speed records but damn, I feel much better getting even a short ride in before I start work( working nights this week)

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    View attachment 237650 Rib is healing. Did 200 crunches before it hurt too much to continue and after pain subsided I got back on the bike after 2 weeks of recovering. Not breaking any speed records but damn, I feel much better getting even a short ride in before I start work( working nights this week)
    "A bicycle ride of 1000 miles begins with the first crank"
    Plagarized and paraphrased. ;)

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Did some trails today but had to turn around early. Front tire isn’t holding air. It’s set up tubeless and a little sealant would fix it. I’ve got new tires coming in tomorrow so I’ll save myself the mess and just wait. Still managed 9.4 miles.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom