• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Yep. We are here because we enjoy the company, conversation, and banter with most members. We tolerate others. In other words, it's kind of like a family!
    Every once in a while we sell things to each other!

Watch out for Moonpie. He posts really cool stuff for sale when he knows you are down to pork & beans and grape jelly for groceries.
    Thanks for the "heads up" on Moonpie! He sounds as dangerous as the firearms. With limited financial resources due to health issues, along with a wife who is just itching for a divorce, I had better stay FAR away from "Moonpie" postings. LOL

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Texas Gun Trader is just fine as long as you only do FTF sales. Buying is mostly the same as long as a phone number is listed in the ad. If there is no phone number listed then you are probably 50/50 on scammer / someone private.

Gunbroker is good if you are willing to ship and deal with all their rules, ect.
    Yeah, the fees are understandable for access to such a large inventory but they have gotten kind of high lately. Then on top of that they were forced to start collecting state sales tax so the buyers have to pay more and the sellers have to collect the taxes from the buyer and send it in to Gunbroker. It's becoming an increasingly more complex transaction. Texas Gun Trader works well in the Houston area because of the huge population but sorting through the scammer sellers and flaky/no show buyers is a headache.

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    We've bought a couple off Texasguntrader.com, and both were smooth transactions, no BS...
    BUT both requested a BOS, and we complied.

I did keep one in the pipe, just in case of Malice, but very smooth...

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I've bought 5 or 6 guns through Texas Gun Trader and met three of them at the Buc-ees in Belton, one at a Cefco in Killeen and one at the PD in Eldorado. All went very smoothly. No sketchiness at all.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    We've bought a couple off Texasguntrader.com, and both were smooth transactions, no BS...
    BUT both requested a BOS, and we complied.

I did keep one in the pipe, just in case of Malice, but very smooth...
    "no BS... But both requested a BOS" - I would have walked away if a BOS had not been agreed to before the transactions.

beswart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    Palestine,TX
    Yep. We are here because we enjoy the company, conversation, and banter with most members. We tolerate others. In other words, it's kind of like a family!
    Every once in a while we sell things to each other!

Watch out for Moonpie. He posts really cool stuff for sale when he knows you are down to pork & beans and grape jelly for groceries.
    Man if you gey down to pork & beans and grape jelly, come on over. Got plenty of peanut butter, strawberry jam and jalapeños to stuff it in!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This thread is under the sub-forum for classified rules. It really shouldn't be here. It's a good thread but it needs to go somewhere else.

I'm going to move it to General Firearms and Ammo and leave a redirect so that all participating can still automatically find it.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Texas Gun Trader has a wide audience. That is both good and bad. One of the few free sites I have ever found. Just have to be willing to weed through the chaff, buyer or seller. Not much different really than anything else sold online other than meeting the legal standard. I sell a car/truck on Craigslist same as a firearm, other than that.

Top Bottom