• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I've been on the hunt for the best subsonic 22 ammo. I've mainly been buying in town, so my selection hasn't been great. From what I've found so far. Remington is the most available and cycles fine in my 10/22 and P22. Aguila SE is super quiet, but does have some cycling problems. I've also heard that the casing they use jams up supressor even faster than regular 22. Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to order a mix of ammo from Midway to try to find the perfect load. I love the quietness of the Aguila, but don't feel like pulling the can apart all the time. The ones I'm looking at are:

CCI Subsonic HP
    CCI Quick Shok Subsonic
    Fiocchi Subsonic
    Winchester Super X Subsonic

Does anyone have any experience with any of those or any other recomendations? I wish they still made PMC Moderator.
    Venture Surplus ad

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO, buy the Wolf Match extra if you are looking for accuracy. CCI standard velocity for plinking.

I use these four, all are subsonic in my rifle. I shoot the CCI in a SIG Mosquito with theaded suppressor.
    - Winchester subsonic. It has the 40 grain truncated bullet. Found it once at the Bass Pro Shop in Pearland. I like it.
    -Wolf Match Extra is excellent and is extremely accurate. 40 grain round nose, well lubricated. I think RWS in Germany makes it. Bought it from MidWay
    I also shoot Lapua subsonic made in Germany. Info is in German and metric. Also from Midway.
    -CCI standard velocity. It has a 40 grain bullet.

Avoid Aguila. Very dirty powder IMO. I have a thousand rounds of 60 grain I wish I had not bought it.

My go to .22 rifle is a CZ 452-2E. It is the bolt .22 with factory 16" threaded barrel. Bought it last fall. Hollywood quiet suppressed with subsonics. I need to lighten the trigger but cloverleaf groups at 50 yards are easy. Scope is a Leupold VXII 3x9 EFR which is adjustable for short range parallax. I have four of them, mounted on .22 and Pre-charged pneumatic high-end Airguns.

Have fun,
    RFA

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I currently run Winchester Super X, it does on rare occasion go super from my bolt action. Works as it should in everything from a Mosquito to a 10/22. Eley makes a nice subsonic that works great, but it cost an arm and a leg.

I have run Remington SS, iregularlyry goes super in the same bolt rifle, other than that its is good. Keep away from the Aguila, its dirty, stinky, and experienceded baffle strikes.

TKG

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Just looked up the Gemtech ammo. $45/Brick isn't terrible, I just bought a brick of Remington at Academy and it was about $35. I may have to give it a try.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Aguila SE is super quiet, but does have some cycling problems. I've also heard that the casing they use jams up supressor even faster than regular 22.

Jams up supressor? What does that mean?

BTW, as stated above, I run CCI Standard Velocity and it is subsonic is all of my guns. Very reliable and accurate for me.

-Randy

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    aguila SSS 60 grain bullet, does wonders on small game and just looks cool as hell.

135961.jpg

I suggest that you only buy one box of Aguila to try instead of a brick. I found it to be very dirty powder in a suppressed .22 and not as accurate as similar priced ammo. YMMV.

RFA

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    I use the super X they are really good for the money and can be had at Bass pro Im about to run and grab a brick today to shoot this weekend

Beckett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Plano
    Aguila SSS is terrible out of a regular 22. You have to purchase a barrel with a specific twist to stabilize it. Most accurate I have found is Federal Ultra Match but it is rediculous at $18.00 a box. Other very good ammo is Federal Match, Wolf Target and Eley Target. Wolf is the least expensive of the bunch.

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    I have 3 faves.

CCI standard is superb stuff. My gold standard.

Aguila Super Colibri is a blast.
    Tiny little 20gr primer-drived stuff that sounds like a pellet gun out of any rifle.
    Just a quiet joy.

60gr Aguilla stuff is a blast out of my integrlly suppressed 77/22 Ruger bolt rifle.
    Quiet and hard hitting as all get out.
    Ya, maybe it's dirty but I tear down the rifle and clean it from time to time. No biggie.

Enjoy.

Top Bottom