• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Damn, I really wish I'd got video blasting my old Miata through a tunnel. Hadn't touched the inside of the engine, but the exhaust I built for that car sounded awesome, especially once the engine hit the sweet spot between 5,000 and 7,000 RPM. And especially in a tunnel... with the top down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMWgpty5IpU
    Can't even hear the motor over the sound of the turbos.

LOL, massive wheel spin on the dyno!!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Nice! the car came with 12 cheapo subs in the trunk, I took them out, and now I don't think I have any bass lol. How do I hook the factory mach 460 speakers back up? The blue wires that go from the head unit to the subs are still there, I don't know what to do with them now.

Wait a minute... what did you hear? I didn't even have the radio on nor did I show the head unit haha

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    The 2v motors just sound so tinny compared to a pushrod V8. The sound is really hollow. The 3v and 4v motors sound a little better, but they'll never match a good LS-series.

Gross. I hate the sound of a 3v. I love their power bump, but I hate their engine sounds. I'll take the idle of a 2v over a 3v any day lol. And my stang has an o/r X and flowmasters, hence the raspy hollow sound haha.

Ever heard a C6 vette with exhaust but stock cams? It sounds like shit. Almost like a diesel.

Listen to this prime example of what i'm talking about...

But i'll have to admit, I love LS motors for their potency for power gain with just bolt ons. I dislike the look of F bodies though. Catfish camaro's, but F body thunder chickens look alright to me. Not great, but significantly better looking than any F body camaro.

But I'd take an 03-04 cobra over an F body anyday. Nothing beats a 4v with incredible blower whine, plus the easiness of just installing a CAI and a smaller blower pulley (+ Dyno tune) and getting massive power gains.

Oh yeah, and if I could, i'd take a pushrod 302 from a fox or a 346 LS1 over over a 2v. But if I were to choose between the pushrod and a DOHC 4v from a termi or N/A 99/01 cobra, I'd take the latter two over the pushrod.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    SCCA Solo Racing !!!

th_SCCA_Solo.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ferrari's 12 cylinder stuff sounds OK. Their F1 cars sound amazing.
    The Italians perfected engine sounds. Everything from a little 4 cyl Fiat to a v12 Ferrari sound good. Here's a quick montage of the F1 cars. My favorite is 0:48-1:10
    [video]http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=xzpcvzpp8hU[/video]

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Gotta go with the small block Chevy pinning an 8 grand tachometer. Second place goes to a 289 or 427 Cobra. That is some screaming machinery!

The short stroke engines have a certain appeal, though. How about the famous Honda 5 cylinder 125 and 6 cylinder 250 cc motorcycle racers? They've got to be in a class by themselves sounding like really pissed off bumble bees.

Flash

Top Bottom