Join TexasGunTalk

Best prices on suppressors in houston

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by rickykline, Dec 13, 2019.

1. jetcycles

jetcycles Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    They do indeed. As a bonus, they might even allow use of your suppressor on their range while you wait for your stamp, but that is an assumption on my part. Range use of a jailed item sure seems as if it would help the wait time in my humble opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rickykline likes this.
  2. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13 Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Idk can prices too well but boyert in Katy will let you shoot with your can if you buy from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rickykline likes this.
  3. rickykline

rickykline New Member

Jan 9, 2012
    League City, Texas
    They sure are I didn’t even think about them. Looking for .22 can or a 7.62 can

4. rickykline

rickykline New Member

Jan 9, 2012
    League City, Texas
    Hey bro

5. rickykline

rickykline New Member

Jan 9, 2012
    League City, Texas
    AUSTIN is alittle far for me but I’ll check them out they may have other toys I want lol

6. smittyb

smittyb Well-Known

Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I was going to mention them, as I thought they used to have a SS kiosk, but they are not listed as a dealer on Silencer Shops website, and they only show a few suppressors in stock.

rickykline likes this.
  7. grumper

grumper TGT Addict

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I always went to Texas Tactical Gear

rickykline likes this.
  8. A & P

A & P Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Here's a little tidbit about the Silencer Shop thing. SShop is a distributor. If you buy "from them" you're actually kind of buying from your local SShop dealer and then the dealer is required to buy from them. Granted, SShop has generally good prices (which are actually set by the dealer you select) but wouldn't it be nice to have a relationship with the NFA dealer you're picking your can up from?

Trust me on this, your local dealer will appreciate you going to him. He can then buy it from silencer shop or otherwise. Same price to you either way. Silencer Shop will charge him extra though if you do it the other way around.

And if they have a kiosk, that means that (unless they were part of the first 300 issued), they paid nearly $5000 for the kiosk. So build a relationship. Sure, you're price shopping. Great news! That local dealer will be the best price, and they'll appreciate that you asked them. And some dealers are even cheaper on sales tax if you pay in store than if you select Silencer Shop online. Plus, if you haven't done your prints yet, you have to go to the dealer anyway!

In fact, they might have an in-store discount that even beats the SShop price. However, if you want the SSHop promos (like free tax stamps or muzzle devices), MORE great news! Your local "Powered by Silencer Shop" dealer can still honor those deals! You have NOTHING to lose by shopping locally...at least as far as the silencers are concerned.

Lots of great silencer options. SShop has a good selection, but not everything. And a few options have gone dealer direct (Liberty, for one). TBAC (Thunder Beast) cans are notoriously hard to get and about a 5-6 month lead time for a dealer. I know where you can get some in stock, though.

And as for the "conjugal visits", it's actually kind of strange and ironic. Technically the buyer still doesn't own it. I know some dealers with ranges will do that, or some dealers will have a range day. But an interesting thing happened the other day. I heard a dealer who does relatively a lot of silencers (about 300 last year; Silencer Shop Gold Dealer), got a few denials back. Now, what if that guy also shot his can or maybe said "let me just have the muzzle brake and I'll install that now". Granted, denials are rare, but does that dealer now have a "used" silencer? Does he charge a hefty restocking fee or refund less the cost of a replacement muzzle brake? Not saying one way is right or wrong, but just something most people don't think about. What if they're not approved and now it's "used". It's also a bit of work (maybe not a lot) to dig a can out of a safe, release it to the customer, make SURE it doesn't walk out the door, put it back in the safe, etc. unless they charge a "visitation fee".

Just some food for thought.

9. Joshua - Capitol Armory

Joshua - Capitol Armory Active Member Forum Sponsor

Feb 10, 2015
    For quite a few Houston guys we do everything remotely, including ship to their residence when the forms are approved. Most of our Texas clients aren't actually in Austin, we sell a huge amount to folks in Houston, Dallas, El Paso, etc.

10. mroper

mroper Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I can vouch for this I bought I suppressor from them. Never had to make a trip to Austin. It was delivered to my front door. I live in Katy. It was quite easy and they had good prices