• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    From experience or word of mouth. Where is the best place to sell a rifle or handgun. I would prefer a gun shop, I have never sold to an individual or at a gun show before. Not sure what should/needs to be done for that. I obviously would like a good price.

1. A Fulton Armory complete AR-10 in 308. Not sure if I am going to sell this one, I really love this rifle. It is as accurate as I am.

2. A plain S&W M&P 2.0, with maybe a hundred rounds through it. I have a new suppressor ready CZ-p10, so keeping the M&P 2.0 is a bit redundant.
    Plus, I am not sure upgrading the M&P to the level of the P-10 is worth it. I would be using Apex parts, they aren’t cheap.

I love my guns, so selling is rare for me. What is a good place and price?
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Mrvmax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2018
    Friendswood
    You’ll lose a lot selling them to a shop or dealer.
    They will not give you anywhere near what you paid.

For highest return sell them to another individual.
    This is correct. Go to gunbroker and check what firearms like yours have sold for to give you an idea of value. When I buy used guns to resale I offer half of what I can sell them for and I’m usually still higher than gun shops (I’m home based). Most people overvalue their firearms and I’ve done it myself. Most of the time you’re not going to recover all the money you have into a firearm ( there are exceptions. Like anyone that purchased a bunch of Colt Pythons new in the 80’s....).

Last edited:

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I am sorry to bring this thread back to life. It has been a few years, and I am looking to sell again.
    Is the best advice still to sell here still, or are there places in Houston you recommend now.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I am sorry to bring this thread back to life. It has been a few years, and I am looking to sell again.
    Is the best advice still to sell here still, or are there places in Houston you recommend now.

Yes selling here has 2 advantages

1) Most people know each other here, especially the regulars, so it's likely your gun will be treated good and go to a good owner

2) You will get more money than you would selling to a pawn shop, gun store, etc. Most people here aren't scammers and know a fair deal.

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston

1) Most people know each other here, especially the regulars, so it's likely your gun will be treated good and go to a good owner

2) You will get more money than you would selling to a pawn shop, gun store, etc. Most people here aren't scammers and know a fair deal.

Thank you. I just posted it in the classifieds. Hopefully it goes quickly.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    First choice is 100% here. I’d sell to people here before anyone else and it can make you make new friends.

A DISTANT second choice would be texasguntrader. Lots of scumbags on there, people that will say they will meet you and then not show up and low ballers. I’ve had good luck there but it’s not consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I have it listed on Texas guntrader as well. It has been super flaky. It has been everything you said, and more. I have almost no faith anything real will happen there.
    I am not sure where else to go and have it sell locally for a decent price.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I have it listed on Texas guntrader as well. It has been super flaky. It has been everything you said, and more. I have almost no faith anything real will happen there.
    I am not sure where else to go and have it sell locally for a decent price.

I sold a Glock on there a month back. My gun was the only Glock on there for less than 800.... and again today I sold one for 650... cuz I needed cash quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Honestly, I know it's been said here a few times, but to reiterate: a personal sale is going to get you your best value most of the time. There is generally pretty low profit margins in firearms retail compared to other retail sectors, so gun shops and the like will usually try to buy for as low as they can to maximize what they get for the future sale (this isn't me knocking on firearms retailers or anything at all, it's just the reality of the world we live in). I've personally bought firearms through the classifieds on this website more than once, so I'd assume it's not a bad place to start for a sale.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

1) Most people know each other here...
    That is, I think, the second time I have seen that in a post recently. To that, all I can say is wow, with about 29K members on these forums (if I got the math right at 20 members per page x 1481 pages in the member list) that is amazing. I need to socialize more.:D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom