• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I too like to support local business with one caveat: I'll pay (call it subsidizing) 'a bit more' to do so, but they don't get to break it off.....

Years ago, I went to do business with a local store, but what I wanted cost, wait for it, four times more for the same item then at a chain store in the same business.

I let the owner know I wouldn't be hosed to do business with him.

His response: If you want to do business with a bunch of New York Jews have at it.

F him.

I never, ever went back and warned others about his disgusting being....

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I will support a local store up to a point.

As much as I shoot there is just no way for even a big box store to be competitive with online pricing.

I will buy some specialty hunting ammo from the brick and mortar stores as well as most new firearms purchases.

Of course 99.9% of my brick and mortar purchases are from Central Texas GunWorks.

Robdawg14m

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2019
    Dallas
    Depends on what type of ammo you’re looking for. If I just need plinking stuff i go to academy, but for my hunting and long range stuff I use Dallas Custom Reloads. Chad is in the Lewisville area and makes amazing ammo. He will also do custom orders and do load ups for your rifle if you need that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Depends on what type of ammo you’re looking for. If I just need plinking stuff i go to academy, but for my hunting and long range stuff I use Dallas Custom Reloads. Chad is in the Lewisville area and makes amazing ammo. He will also do custom orders and do load ups for your rifle if you need that.

Dallas Reloaders (is this the same?) makes some great ammo. I have bought a crap load of their 55g SPs, and they shoot great in my ARs.

Lakerat24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2015
    DFW
    Academy for small purchases, but for bulk try SGAmmo.com. They're in Oklahoma and ship very quickly.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    On the box store vs the LGS. We should WANT some of the big box stores on our side, too. Honest, I want my Walmart to start carrying .223 again.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Might look at grabagun.com. You probably know of them. An on online retailer, but have a small storefront in Coppell a little east of Bass Pro Grapevine and north of 635. They have good ammo prices and sometimes some great deals and $12.95 flat rate shipping for ammo regardless of the size of the order, but can also elect no shipping and pick up at the storefront for free. At least I assume you can with ammo as I did with firearm purchases from them in the past.

Not your traditional walk-in "gun shop," but local nonetheless and competitive prices.

This ^^^
    If you can pick up in Coppell you can order on line and just drop in and pick up. No shipping cost. I’ve had good experiences with GAG

Top Bottom