Texas SOT

Best Indoor Range in Dallas (Dallas-ish)...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ataim0002

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    For the people that actually go to indoor ranges in Dallas, what is the best indoor range in Dallas and why?

I think the three "main" locations are Bullet Trap, Target Master and DFW Gun Club.

I'm looking at locations that people living in Dallas proper would go to. Not Bass Pro, Winchester and places west as I think most would go to ranges closer.
    DK Firearms

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    For the people that actually go to indoor ranges in Dallas, what is the best indoor range in Dallas and why?

I think the three "main" locations are Bullet Trap, Target Master and DFW Gun Club.

I'm looking at locations that people living in Dallas proper would go to. Not Bass Pro, Winchester and places west as I think most would go to ranges closer.

Took a class at DFW Gun Range off Mockingbird not too long ago...
    My first experience at an indoor range so take this with the grain of salt - I'm no expert, and not trying to pretend to be - what follows is mostly my experience with some observations of others mixed in...
    I believe that DFW Gun Range is the least expensive of the options listed.
    Their team is friendly and helpful enough, but don't seem very knowledgeable in any area out side of 'range specific business'. They have a fair selection of rental options, (not good or great) and the range amo is very high. (But aren't they all?)
    Weekdays don't appear to be bad, but weekends can be an absolute crowded nightmare. Weekdays, shoot as long as you want for your range fee. Saturday and Sunday, is a one hour limit. No rapid fire - No double taps
    As far as the actual shooting range goes: Not happy with the lighting or spacing. Firing lanes are narrow and there's not much aisle space behind the lanes. The lighting seemed dim and insufficient. This left me with the distinct impression of shooting in a cave.
    All that said and all things considered - I'd go back - They'll always be a weekday, 'short on travel time', option for me; As it's the closest range to my house and I can make it there after work with enough time to get some effective practice in.

Sorry to be so long winded here - but I asked the same question and got limited response.
    I'm just trying to be helpful.
    I hear good things about the Bullet Trap and Target Masters but haven't had a chance to check them out yet. Intend to soon. Looking forward to what others might say about them.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    What kind of shooting are you looking to do? Bullet trap is the closest indoor range to me, but I normally go to the one in Sherman.

Ataim0002

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Normal...

What kind of shooting are you looking to do? Bullet trap is the closest indoor range to me, but I normally go to the one in Sherman.

Just everyday shooting. Pistols and Rifles. Maybe a can or two. I usually do my F/A shooting at my wife's family's place.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Bullet Trap's rifle range sucks. I don't know of any indoor rifle ranges. If you would consider an outdoor range, I would suggest Elm Fork. They have 100yd rifle and down. Pistol steel too. Good place. Was out there last week.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    targetmaster in garland has 7 - 50 yard indoor ranges for rifles. fmj allowed but NOT magnetic.

most outdoor dfw ranges do not allow fmj (gibsons outpost and magnum in sanger are exceptions)

see my websites/links below for more info

Dallas - Fort Worth Texas Gun Ranges (Public and Private) 2 are outdoor Full Metal Jacket
    http://gibsonoutpost.angelfire.com/
    http://gibsonout.freewebpage.org/

======================
    TEXAS - link to over 250 firearm ranges in TEXAS
    http://www.eaglepeakshootingrange.com/texasranges/index.html
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.nra.org/NRALocal.aspx A good place to start!

Top Bottom