• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My cousin had a big brahma bull slaughtered and I got 35 lbs from him. Bull was about 3 I think. Also very lean. I use olive oil when I cook him up for whatever. Lots of tacos and other ground beef type dishes. Taste is fantastic.
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My cousin had a big brahma bull slaughtered and I got 35 lbs from him. Bull was about 3 I think. Also very lean. I use olive oil when I cook him up for whatever. Lots of tacos and other ground beef type dishes. Taste is fantastic.

That bull was right at about a year old when he was butchered. I think my brother said he got about 385 lbs. of processed meat from him. I smoked one of the briskets for the family one weekend. It too was a little too lean. Tasted good, but didn't come out as tender as I wanted. It was also a bit small for a brisket. I would have done better with it by cubing it up for stew meat.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    The average supermarket quality hamburger is ground trash. The stuff sold to restaurants is not as good as the market stuff.
    Hamburger can be made out of any cut of beef, but the other cuts are usually better un-ground. Fajita meat(skirt steak) is so low quality that it was often given away as dog food in my mothers day. Even if well seasoned and prepared it can be chewy or tough.

Hamburgers are meat a bun and any combination of other items used to give the meat some flavor. But they are convenient quick and the kids will eat them.
    A better subject might be why the New York Strip is the best cut of steak ever.
    New York strip steak….is that a real thing...we eat Ribeye here in Texas
    If you want the best steak give these guys a call. The Akaushi Wagyu Beef tenderloin is delicious. I’m sure their burger meat would make the best tasting burger.
    www.texascraftsteaks.com

Top Bottom