Best hamburger in Texas?

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
They're pretty good & still there.
TX OMFS,

YEP. Still there & QUITE GOOD burgers, too.
(Their "chicken strips with cream gravy", served with hand-dipped onion rings are my personal favorite. = The chicken "strips" are actually battered/skinless/deep fried chicken breast halves.)

The full-size portions at Longhorn are so BIG that I frequently order "the child's plate".
(I'd bet that you didn't know that I was < 12YO?? = CHUCKLE.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

TGT Addict
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....
Many years ago, I use to eat at Goodson's Cafe in Tomball. The hamburgers and fries were quite good. Nothing fancy, but good.

But where they really shined, was the CFS platter. Probably one of the better ones I have had in any restaurant over the years.

Mills

Well-Known
Mar 22, 2020
Texas
Mills,
Is MINUTE MAN CHARCOAL BURGERS still "on the Arkansas
yours, satx
I don’t know, it’s 8 hrs from me, I was doing some work in TXRKNA in 2009 .
BTW, the old downtown is a freaky place, old abandoned buildings and such.
But great burgers !

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
Marvin Hurst is a local reporter who does a segment called 'Neighborhood Eats' on KENS5. Marvin is a great guy and knows good food, but like all such reviews it is highly subjective. Here is his Facebook post today...and he included pics of each so my stomach is grumbling! ;) ;);)

I apologize in advance for any hunger and stomach grumbling this post may cause. It's National Cheeseburger Day! So, I went through some of my favorites from Neighborhood Eats. IF I could have my picks right now, in no particular order, here's what came to stomach---I mean mind :

1. Mr. Juicy
2. Papa's Burgers
3. Everybody Loves Raymonds
4. Fatt Boys Burgers & Dogs
5. Brenda's Burgers
6. Longhorn Cafe
7. Loop 107 Burgers, Bakery & More
8. Mad Mack's Burgers
9. Brown's Drive-In (Kerrville)
10. San Antonio Burger
11. Chester's

Axxe55

TGT Addict
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....
“Jucy’s” in Tyler purdy good burger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We got a Juicy's Taco late last year. Owned by the same people that own the burger places.

The wife and I ate there earlier this year. Pretty much reminded me of a Taco Bell. It was alright. Not great, but not bad either.

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
I know it's fast-ish food but I've been craving a sourdough burger from The Habit lately.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member