Best gun shop to sell/consignment

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
I have not. I've been meaning to get the part that allows it to shoot the mini shells. I bought some mini-shells, but can't recall the part I need. After July 15th I'm getting serious about it. Getting back to living here the last few months.
Opsol adapter. Very fun $17 well spent.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
And you can’t get customers in the door with no inventory.
Having spent a lifetime in business, I've kinda figured that out.....lol But consignment or not, consistently overpriced inventory tends to give you a rep as being "Too high - go somewhere else!". We had a ton of "inventory" like that - some of it had been there 3 and 4 years. We evaluated the pricing, contacted the owners and every one of them agreed to lower their price to our suggested value. We sold all but a few withing 4 months - which also freed up space for NEW consignment inventory. We're working to start featuring some of that inventory on our new website now - we'll see how it goes.

Reinz

Well-Known
Sep 5, 2014
East TX
Having spent a lifetime in business, I've kinda figured that out.....lol But consignment or not, consistently overpriced inventory tends to give you a rep as being "Too high - go somewhere else!". We had a ton of "inventory" like that - some of it had been there 3 and 4 years. We evaluated the pricing, contacted the owners and every one of them agreed to lower their price to our suggested value. We sold all but a few withing 4 months - which also freed up space for NEW consignment inventory. We're working to start featuring some of that inventory on our new website now - we'll see how it goes.
Yup, I’m one of those consumers that stay away from a Gunshop once I feel that they are just greedy hosers. And I do understand retail, I managed a few stores for 13 years in a previous life.

IMPD2079

Apr 6, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas
Print out one of the Texas forms for selling or trading a gun to someone. You both list your DL # and CHL #s. The description and serial number of the guns and both sign after both verifying the info. Each then both keep a copy of the paperwork.

No one of consequence

TGT Supporter
Jul 15, 2020
Schertz
Consignment sales are less stressful for the seller. If you go the personal and private sale route, you have to deal with making out a Bill of Sale in triplicate, collect a DNA, and fingerprints, check their DL, or LTC is current, a credit report, a criminal background check, make sure their vaccination records are up to date, their dogs have their shots up to date and that their HOA fees are current to date, and if they hold a DL, you must confirm that their vehicle registration and insurance are current as well.

Sarcasm, it's free sertvice of TGT! Welcome!
I am glad they finally did away with the live animal sacrifice!!!

Top Bottom