Hurley's Gold

Best Gun Shop or FFL for transfers NW SA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Well, like the thread title says, can ya'll recommend a shop or FFL that does transfers in NW San Antonio? I live just south (like touching) of Government Canyon SWA. Right out off of Culebra. I've got a bead on a Polish AKM that I'd like to get. TIA!
    Gun Zone Deals

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I use an FFL off SE side of SA who only charges $20 non-LTC holders.
    Only $10 for LTC holders or veterans and first responders.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I actually found an FFL right around the corner from me and he was on file with Classic Firearms - which is where I'm ordering the gun from. He's a little more than Helotes Tactical but he's literally 5 min away. Hope this goes well!

Is it this guy on 1560 (LoneStar Gun & Supply)?

1668996454424.png

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant

No sir, it's Davidson Premium Sports - Bill Davidson. Unfortunately, Mr. Davidson could not complete the transaction as he is very ill and in a coma in the hospital - God Bless him. So I changed to Helotes Tactical as VNK971 recommended and I too will now recommend them. Justin there did the paperwork for me an everything was smooth. I will use them again as well as purchase guns and stuff from them in the future.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    No sir, it's Davidson Premium Sports - Bill Davidson. Unfortunately, Mr. Davidson could not complete the transaction as he is very ill and in a coma in the hospital - God Bless him. So I changed to Helotes Tactical as VNK971 recommended and I too will now recommend them. Justin there did the paperwork for me an everything was smooth. I will use them again as well as purchase guns and stuff from them in the future.

Just don't let Jack pinch your butt when you're in there. And you can tell him I said that.

Unless you like it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

How much did they charge?

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Blue Diamond,
    2602 N Loop 1604 W #102
    (at Bitters/Rogers Ranch)
    San Antonio, Texas 78248

(210) 592-8786

From their website: "
    1. Then, pay the transfer fee and you're on your way: we charge $25 for a handgun, long gun or receiver. If you are transferring multiple firearms in a single transaction, each additional firearm is only $10. We do transfers for only $10 for any active law enforcement, active military or veterans to say "thank you" for your service. The entire process will usually take just a few minutes.
    Their prices on firearms are also quite good....I bought a CZ 457 through them, arrived within a few days and was cheaper than any place else I found it in the SA area...if you have questions about firearms, ask for Carl.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I didn't even know this was here. It's close enough I will need to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    My experience at Helotes Tactical was very positive. In fact, I've got another new gun ordered (I gotta stop this lol) - a Cimarron P410 - 4 3/4" barrel 45 Colt SAA clone. Pre-war design. Yes the FFL transfer fee from them is $30 with $10 discount for vets and first responders I think too. Their communication was excellent. Justin there helped me.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Well I just got back from picking up another gun from Helotes - that Cimarron I referred to last post - dito on the experience - super nice folks there and I have another one on the way to them - a Rossi 92 in 45 Colt - getting geared back up to shoot CAS again... Highly recommend Helotes Tactical.

Top Bottom