• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mross217

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Colleyville
    Going to try Eagle this week. Glad to hear the good feedback. Especially we'll lit. Not that shooting in the dark like some indoor ranges seem every once in a while isn't good practice for the unknown or unexpected.

kaarnij

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Dallas,Texas
    Eagle in Lewisville is a decent facility, no complaints about the facility or line but the people that run the place are complete tools and douchcanoes. It would be a great place if they eliminated all of the idiots that have attitudes. I am ex-leo, and was treated like a little kid by these jerks. Despite obvious competency I was constantly harassed. From taking a puff off an electric cigarette ( water vapor), to demanding to inspect my ammo and guns, to telling me i could not conduct classes at this facility despite the student being my daughter. Will never go back.....:mad:

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Eagle in Lewisville is a decent facility, no complaints about the facility or line but the people that run the place are complete tools and douchcanoes. It would be a great place if they eliminated all of the idiots that have attitudes. I am ex-leo, and was treated like a little kid by these jerks. Despite obvious competency I was constantly harassed. From taking a puff off an electric cigarette ( water vapor), to demanding to inspect my ammo and guns, to telling me i could not conduct classes at this facility despite the student being my daughter. Will never go back.....:mad:

Hate this place. Went once, seemed like a bunch of ignorant stuck up pricks. Wont be back.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Eagle Gun Range checks ammo because they had an issue with tracers just a couple of months ago and there was another indoor gun range in Dallas that burned to the ground due to tracers.

Other than that, I have not had the other experiences and have been there often. Everything I've dealt with from them have been friendly and professional. I've shot, rented, traded, and purchased from them and all of it has gone smoothly.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

As many times that we have been there and interacted with the staff and owner we have never witnessed nor experience any mistreatment towards customers from eh staff.

Hate this place. Went once, seemed like a bunch of ignorant stuck up pricks. Wont be back.

huh? wtf?

Eagle Gun Range checks ammo because they had an issue with tracers just a couple of months ago and there was another indoor gun range in Dallas that burned to the ground due to tracers.

Other than that, I have not had the other experiences and have been there often. Everything I've dealt with from them have been friendly and professional. I've shot, rented, traded, and purchased from them and all of it has gone smoothly.

We ran into the tracer thing there as well. I had loaded three 30 round mags for the 15 for obvious reasons. One of the staff took the mags and started to unload them to check the ammo. I understand the concern and need to check ammo but I would have rather had a choice. What the staff should have done is said that for them to check te ammo that I cud take it outside and unload the mags or that they could do it there. I know they were trying to help a customer by unloading/reloading the mags for safety but I would have rather done it on my own. They both unloaded/reloaded the mags without harm to the mags or ammo and we were on our way to shoot.

No gripe just an observation.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Elm Fork is not crowded on Wed & Thurs. They have about everything, but are expensive. 50 yd was closed on Wed due to gov contract shooting.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Checking ammo is reasonable, as TXI pointed out. The DFW Gun Range on Mockingbird burned to the ground last year because of an idiot shooting tracers into their backstop. When I went to Eagle, they had me unload my mags at the front counter and were very apologetic about it, but pointed out the reason why and provided me a tupperware tub to put my bullets in for convenience. They also took a quick look at all the boxed rifle rounds I had with me to make sure there were no tracers there, either.

I found the staff to be very polite and very hands-off unless I had a question. I'm not sure how you demonstrated your obvious competency, but it sounds like you rubbed someone the wrong way. The range officer gave me a fairly standard safety/range rules/feel free to ask questions talk, and then I was left alone to shoot.

As for teaching your daughter, when I was there a guy in the next lane was teaching his son to shoot. The staff did not interfere in any way. Were you teaching her the basics, or something a little more advanced?

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    I agree. I like when they err on the side of safety, but there is a way to do that and a way not to do that. In years past, if a shooter even put a toe past the line during a cease fire, it would be hell-fire for that person. Yelling and humiliating them, calling names etc.

Like I said they've relaxed that and have better RO's now, but if they ever get back to that I'll not shoot there.

That is where I go. Heading out there next week.

sent from the Gulf of Mexico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Fossil point is a fantastic range just outside of Decatur, I have not used the rifle or pistol range as I have enough land to just shoot off the back porch but, if you are looking for a great place too shoot sporting clays or trap and skeet, you won't find better in north texas

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    I know the thread is sorta old and has a few recent responses, but Frisco Gun Club is pretty decent. 1/2 price from open til 3pm M-F.

Top Bottom