• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Two failures? How is that possible? Were they on the same rifle?
    Yep, airline broke off the soldered bolt handle and I missed a Colorado hunt. Then the rivet holding the extractor (belted magnum) failed leaving brass in chamber during semi finals in Yuma...sold the POS after that!
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yep, airline broke off the soldered bolt handle and I missed a Colorado hunt. Then the rivet holding the extractor (belted magnum) failed leaving brass in chamber during semi finals in Yuma...sold the POS after that!

Umm...okay. Sorry but it seems like you got a lemon. It happens. But, I have probably owned close to a hundred Model 700's over the years. Only one ever had the bolt handle broken off and I did myself during a repair of the rifle with a large rubber mallet. I have yet to see very many extractor rivets fail either. The do happen, but rarely on either issue.

But they are not POS rifles by any stretch. I think I still have about ten or eleven in my collection currently.

RaySendero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2020
    US South
    I've always shot handgun's right handed,but over the years I trained myself to shoot them left handed just as well. I can also shoot long guns right handed just as well as I do left handed,but I prefer to shoot them left handed.
    It just takes a little practice to do it.

How about you and shotguns?
    I've always heard that:
    one could shoot scoped rifles right handed good LED,
    one could shoot pistols RH OK LED,
    but one would shoot shotguns RH poorly LED.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Umm...okay. Sorry but it seems like you got a lemon. It happens. But, I have probably owned close to a hundred Model 700's over the years. Only one ever had the bolt handle broken off and I did myself during a repair of the rifle with a large rubber mallet. I have yet to see very many extractor rivets fail either. The do happen, but rarely on either issue.

But they are not POS rifles by any stretch. I think I still have about ten or eleven in my collection currently.
    Agreed, as clearly stated the rifle is used by the USMC (Semper Fi) thus rugged reliability in .308 is firmly established. I had maybe the only POS Remington 700 BDL 7 Rem Mag ever made but it let me down twice in important events.... My Ruger 77, 4 Mausers several Steyrs and Sig SHR never failed to perform ever!

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    How about you and shotguns?
    I've always heard that:
    one could shoot scoped rifles right handed good LED,
    one could shoot pistols RH OK LED,
    but one would shoot shotguns RH poorly LED.

Ray,I actually shoot pistols better RH than I do LH.
    I don't shoot shotguns much anymore,so I suck either way for the first box of shells. After I get warmed up,I shoot OK with either shoulder.

The last time I hunted dove,I killed a bird the first shot. Took me 24 more shells to kill 3 more! After that,I started shooting them pretty good,but I'll never claim to be a good shotgunner.

RaySendero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2020
    US South
    No problem - Was just curious because I've got a 8yo GS that I was teaching to shoot. Realized he was shooting right handed but was left eye dominant. He's OK with a scoped rifle but has hard time with iron sights. I let him shoot some left handed shooting a pellet rifle and he took to it quick with better shooting results. Talked with my son - He switched him to a left handed baseball batting stance with real good success and wants now to teach him to shoot everything left handed. I think this is a good idea for long term, especially since my son loves to dove and duck hunt a lot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom