Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just tried out this mat:

Overall it isn't bad. I like it better than the felt style mat I've been using. light colored areas are a lot easier to find small pins on. Doesn't soak up much oil or cleaner, I did pat it down with some paper towels but it was only in the surface material. I was worried about it not laying flat but it only had a slight curl at one end. Didn't slide around on the table either. Overall it's pretty good at what it's supposed to do. Big enough to fit an upper with 18" barrel easily and keeps the mess off the coffee table. Also rolled up easy and fit in my gun cleaning case when I was done

Amazon product ASIN B01N5DC2ZF
    IMG_4097.JPG IMG_E4105.JPG IMG_4109.JPG IMG_4110.JPG IMG_4112.JPG

I'd to know what anyone else is using and if there's anything in particular you look for in a cleaning mat.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited by a moderator:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There was one issue that would have really triggered me if it hadn't made me laugh. The description they give on the rifle is ridiculous. It's so bad it's past the point of causing anger. I laughed again when I read it to my wife. IMG_4102.JPG

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I used to buy these for my indoor dogs. I later found them useful for all sorts of things....including gun cleaning pads.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I use these for under drain pan when changing oil in the truck.
    Usually just use some old towels when cleaning guns.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    My guns don't need diapers. ;) Something reusable and that can be easily wiped clean. I don't want to add to the trash situation when there is no need.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Huh,I've never seen a "cleaning mat" for a gun. I've always used a gun vise for long guns,and a shop rag on the work bench for hand guns,small parts,etc..

A cleaning mat seems to be an answer to a non existent problem to me.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I generally use the free newspaper they toss in my yard if it is not soaked by the time I get to it. I do have soem of those pads I might try that for the BP

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I’d have to find it on Amazon again to post a link. It’s a gun mat with small magnetic trays on the side. Great for keeping track of springs/detents/etc.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I’d have to find it on Amazon again to post a link. It’s a gun mat with small magnetic trays on the side. Great for keeping track of springs/detents/etc.

I can't get the link to post but it is this maybe.

Real Avid Universal Smart Mat - 43x16”, Long Gun Cleaning Mat, Red Parts Tray

Last edited:

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I used to go to a little school every 2 years to make sure that whatever oil or gas well I was on DIDN"T blow gas- at least, not in an uncontrolled manner...

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I never used a mat. Old newspaper. You clean an AR-15? I just do the minimal clean the BCG, run a bore snake down the bore. I bought one of those decarbonizing scraper things but haven't found much carbon to scrape. Do the same with my AK.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I haven't had newspaper for at least a decade. Cardboard box was my go to when I had one. Since I just bought a new tool box and lined the drawers, I just use some of that liner now.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I haven't had newspaper for at least a decade. Cardboard box was my go to when I had one. Since I just bought a new tool box and lined the drawers, I just use some of that liner now.
    I understand what you are saying. I gave up the local left wing rag years ago but I am addicted to a real newspaper and get the Wall Street Journal. At least it come 4-5 days a week with our miserable post office. I sometimes read it electronically. I am old fashioned.

Top Bottom