Best Ar-15 Gun Cleaning Mat?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Just tried out this mat:

Overall it isn't bad. I like it better than the felt style mat I've been using. light colored areas are a lot easier to find small pins on. Doesn't soak up much oil or cleaner, I did pat it down with some paper towels but it was only in the surface material. I was worried about it not laying flat but it only had a slight curl at one end. Didn't slide around on the table either. Overall it's pretty good at what it's supposed to do. Big enough to fit an upper with 18" barrel easily and keeps the mess off the coffee table. Also rolled up easy and fit in my gun cleaning case when I was done

Amazon product
IMG_4097.JPG IMG_E4105.JPG IMG_4109.JPG IMG_4110.JPG IMG_4112.JPG

I'd to know what anyone else is using and if there's anything in particular you look for in a cleaning mat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
There was one issue that would have really triggered me if it hadn't made me laugh. The description they give on the rifle is ridiculous. It's so bad it's past the point of causing anger. I laughed again when I read it to my wife. IMG_4102.JPG

cvgunman

Well-Known
Oct 9, 2017
Mckinney TX

lightflyer1

May 2, 2015
My guns don't need diapers. ;) Something reusable and that can be easily wiped clean. I don't want to add to the trash situation when there is no need.

Txhillbilly

Aug 2, 2008
North Texas
Huh,I've never seen a "cleaning mat" for a gun. I've always used a gun vise for long guns,and a shop rag on the work bench for hand guns,small parts,etc..

A cleaning mat seems to be an answer to a non existent problem to me.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2014
Liberty Hill
I sometimes utilize a gas blowing operation.
I learned not to do that on an elevator.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members