• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Took it out today for its initial run. Overall it’s a lot of fun. I only had one 20rd magazine with me so I only fired 100-120 rounds, not sure if I loaded it 5 or 6 times.

The trigger is pretty horrible. Very long take up and heavy break. Once you start firing quickly at steel that kind of goes away but slow shots are painful.

Currently it ejects on the right, charges on the rights and mag release on left, like many pistols. I’m going to swap the mag release so I can release with my firing hand on the right side, and move charging handle over to charge on left with my support hand.

I had an Aimpoint T1 in a Scalarworks mount lying around I put on this rifle, very good setup. I also pushed the RDS way out towards the front of the rifle, works very nicely there.
    5B238388-E386-48E2-B1E2-42D68AA33B02.jpeg
    Target Sports

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The trigger is pretty horrible.
    True. There are some aftermarket options.

move charging handle
    I put a charging handle on both sides.

The previous owner of my example bubba'd the forend and just screwed in a pic rail behind the front stud. My OCD required fixing it by attaching Beretta tri-rail and installing a vfg. I also wrapped the grip with leftover rubbery Talon Grip scraps. Beretta should've/could've at least put a little texture on it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

The previous owner of my example bubba'd the forend and just screwed in a pic rail behind the front stud. My OCD required fixing it by attaching Beretta tri-rail and installing a vfg. I also wrapped the grip with leftover rubbery Talon Grip scraps. Beretta should've/could've at least put a little texture on it.
    No grip texture was a theme of beretta's px4/cx4 era.

I'd kill for a px4a1 with some actual grip texture

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

Lack of texture is okay with me. An angled grip would be nice though. I did see that tri-rail, that’s a little much.

Dubya Rules

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Collin County
    Thank you for posting your initial thoughts on the CX4 Storm.

I just ordered a CX4 Storm on Saturday. It wasn't even on my radar until I took my usual trip down the YouTube rabbit hole of gun reviews and saw it. I came close to getting a Scorpion, then an AP5 and honestly was very close to pulling the trigger on an AP5 - But when the reviewer mentioned that the CX4 Storm can be set up with the charging handle on the right and left-hand eject, I had to buy one. I am a left-handed shooter, so I like to buy/build left-eject firearms.

I will try to post a few thoughts after I receive and go shoot mine.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've certainly enjoyed the ones I've shot. I had a PX4 in 9mm and don't really miss it though. I think I've got Beretta-phobia now.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

I just ordered a CX4 Storm on Saturday. It wasn't even on my radar until I took my usual trip down the YouTube rabbit hole of gun reviews and saw it. I came close to getting a Scorpion, then an AP5 and honestly was very close to pulling the trigger on an AP5 - But when the reviewer mentioned that the CX4 Storm can be set up with the charging handle on the right and left-hand eject, I had to buy one. I am a left-handed shooter, so I like to buy/build left-eject firearms.

The Cx4 isn't bad, but the ap5 is on a whole nother level.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Curious, what was your issue with it?
    The gun ran perfectly - It was purely ergonomics. Regardless of which backstrap I put in, it was just very fat in my hand. The rotating barrel lock up made it very soft to shoot. Other double-stack 9's just fit me better. Love my Hi-Power. Now that I'm more experienced with handguns, I'd be curious to try it again. Maybe put 200 rounds through it and sold it to a guy at work for $400. If I were to go to the range and shoot all day, I'd take one of my 9mm 1911's or my Canik TP9 SFX though.

Dubya Rules

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Collin County
    I've certainly enjoyed the ones I've shot. I had a PX4 in 9mm and don't really miss it though. I think I've got Beretta-phobia now.
    I can understand Berettaphobia. For me, the common issue seems to be that the slides are very stiff. They break in after a while and in my experience run great after that, but the initial break-in period can be a real pain and can test my patience.

Now when I get a Beretta, the first thing I do is break it down, clean it, lubricate it and work the slide when I'm watching tv or just sitting around chatting. That way when I get to the range, I have something to work with.

I know that some people are going to say, "Well, you should always break down your gun and clean it, lubricate it and inspect it before you take it to the range". But I'm just saying...Beretta's seem to require much more break-in than other manufacturers. And at the risk of sounding like a fan-boy (which I am, so give me crap if you want, it is deserved) I have taken many Glocks straight out of the case and run all types of ammo through them without failures. Ok, come at me, bros. :)

Dubya Rules

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Collin County
    Love my Hi-Power.
    I don't have a Hi-Power...yet. But they have a very good reputation. Do you have a 9mm or .40?
    I have a cousin that measures everything else he gets against his Hi-Power, and I trust his judgment, so I'm going to have to get one and hope it lives up to its reputation.

Dubya Rules

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Collin County

Received the CX4 yesterday, swapped the mag release, safety and ejection port to left hand. The charging handle was already on the right, so I put it back on the right after putting it all back together.
    Just got back from the range, and it was awesome. Absolutely loved it. Used Remington 115 gr ball ammo. I didn't run any hollow points through it, but it ran the target ammo like a champ with no failures. Really happy with this purchase.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have had a scorpion, ar9 and the cx4. The cx4 is the only one I still have. Slapped a red dot on it and just goes and goes. Trigger is fine after it’s broken in. I probably have 1500 rounds through mine at this point. It’s the only pcc I won’t sell. As it’s almost double in price since I got mine.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm late to the party - are the Cx4's being released new again? I'm guessing they've damn near doubled in price since they were originally released - to the point of being about a grand now?

Top Bottom