• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mchinea74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Lubbock
    Curious if the law of being 18 for a rifle and 21 for handguns restricts a pistol caliber carbine to 21 and above. Very interested in the Cx4, though I know for many people it’s a strange and clunky weapon. Sorry for so many threads, just never had anywhere to talk about these things besides r/firearms.
    DK Firearms

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Just because you have to be 21 to commercially buy one doesn't mean you have to be 21 to own one. There's a huge difference. And if you do get one while you're under 21, you'll have to talk your friends into buying your ammo, because you can't buy that until you're 21 either.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Curious if the law of being 18 for a rifle and 21 for handguns restricts a pistol caliber carbine to 21 and above. Very interested in the Cx4, though I know for many people it’s a strange and clunky weapon. Sorry for so many threads, just never had anywhere to talk about these things besides r/firearms.
    If it’s a rifle it’s a rifle no matter the ammunition. As said though buying handgun ammunition under 21 is the problem.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If it’s a rifle it’s a rifle no matter the ammunition. As said though buying handgun ammunition under 21 is the problem.

I dunno how it is here, because I didn't grow up here but...

Every retailer of ammo I used before would sell pistol ammo to 18+ year olds so long as you advised them "this is for a long gun" - they might sometimes probe a bit, and ask what long gun it was for, but in the end they'd all sell it to you.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...

Every retailer of ammo I used before would sell pistol ammo to 18+ year olds so long as you advised them "this is for a long gun" - they might sometimes probe a bit, and ask what long gun it was for, but in the end they'd all sell it to you.
    True, because it's the same case with 22 long rifle ammunition.
    Of course, some places will probably just say, "no". It's going to be up to the retailer, and you're going to have better luck at some of the smaller, independently run gun stores than the big box places (where the clerk probably doesn't know or care about the law, only about corporate policy).

mchinea74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Lubbock
    Just because you have to be 21 to commercially buy one doesn't mean you have to be 21 to own one. There's a huge difference. And if you do get one while you're under 21, you'll have to talk your friends into buying your ammo, because you can't buy that until you're 21 either.
    I’ve actually been able to pick up 9mm without a single issue, so good there.

mchinea74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    Lubbock

They didn’t even ask :/ I’ve been able to stock on 9mm no problem

Top Bottom