Capitol Armory ad

Beretta APX line, Compact or Carry? .40 or the-really-hard-to-find-9mm-ammo, 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PolishShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Hey guys. I'm a very loyal Beretta guy, and love the FlagShip 92. I would like to get either the Compact or Carry pistol in .40, because 9mm ammo is getting tough to find out there, plus I like a little bit more punch in the .40. Thoughts?
    ARJ Defense ad

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Buy the gun in the caliber you like. You can find 9mm ammo if you’re diligent and ready to buy when you see it.

.40S&W is typically more expensive to shoot than 9mm. The exceptions are (1) if you reload or (2) being in crazy times like we are now. Times won’t always be this crazy.

Before all this nonsense started, guns in .40S&W were much harder to sell than the same gun in 9mm. Police trade-ins in .40 were downright cheap to buy. There were gun stores that wouldn’t even take a .40 in on trade because they knew it would sit for a long time before selling.

I like Berettas too. Not sure they make a bad gun, although the Pico might test that theory.

PolishShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Buy the gun in the caliber you like. You can find 9mm ammo if you’re diligent and ready to buy when you see it.

.40S&W is typically more expensive to shoot than 9mm. The exceptions are (1) if you reload or (2) being in crazy times like we are now. Times won’t always be this crazy.

Before all this nonsense started, guns in .40S&W were much harder to sell than the same gun in 9mm. Police trade-ins in .40 were downright cheap to buy. There were gun stores that wouldn’t even take a .40 in on trade because they knew it would sit for a long time before selling.

I like Berettas too. Not sure they make a bad gun, although the Pico might test that theory.
    Hey thanks for the tip. Thats what I was thinking too, I was looking at cost right now.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    As posted before, prior to the WuHu Flu .40's were cheap, but the ammo not so much. The 9's are least expensive to shoot after .22LR. In fact I have one posted for sale and still waiting. Seems the .40's do not have the panache of the 9mm or .45acp. They were the thing about 20 years ago.

SureNot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Fort Worth
    Magnums aside, I feel like any thing beyond a little research about pistol cartridges is a waste of time. I have a pet peeve against [compact] pistols, unless they can still maintain a cool look. I prefer 9mm, because I see it's what most people use; in the sense of team work.

Top Bottom