• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I had a 21A inox that I got from a guy for super cheap because the slide had locked up. The pin holding the ejector had backed out into the rail the slide rode on, and wouldn't let the slide come back all the way. I had to play a game of operation with a tiny little flathead and slowly work it back in just enough so it could be disassembled. Once the slide was off I removed the pin and put a little blue locktite on it for retention. Never had a problem with it afterward for about 500 rounds until i traded it off. It was quite literally a blast to shoot with CCI stingers. Fun gun. Would love to have another like OPs set up.
    ARJ Defense ad

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    An icepick took out Trotsky...

If you are in between picking a .22 and an uncontrollable .380 for a primary, you've made some bad decisions and should've bumped up to a larger gun, unless you are trying to satisfy some extreme deep carry/NPE situation.

Practice can make an uncontrollable .380 a little more controllable.

Practice won't make .22 more reliable.

1. Forgot Trotsky. But, that wasn't done from across the room.

2. Remember, I said "occasionally". My preferred carry is a Taurus 856 or PT145. The LCPII is when I need more concealment in a low-threat area.

3. Practice doesn't make a .380 LCPII more comfortable or accurate. It does do both for the .22lr. And accurate hits are what count.

4. Use better ammo. Haven't had a failure yet from Velocitors or Punch ammo.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    1. Forgot Trotsky. But, that wasn't done from across the room.

2. Remember, I said "occasionally". My preferred carry is a Taurus 856 or PT145. The LCPII is when I need more concealment in a low-threat area.

3. Practice doesn't make a .380 LCPII more comfortable or accurate. It does do both for the .22lr. And accurate hits are what count.

4. Use better ammo. Haven't had a failure yet from Velocitors or Punch ammo.

Wrt to 3, thats exactly what practice will do. It doesn't matter what gun you have, a 1911, CZ TSO, Carl Gustav recoiless rifle, .380 lcp, if you don't practice, you won't be comfortable or accurate with anything.

will that .380 lcp be an absolute bitch to practice with? Absolutely. But it's as some say, a first rule gun. Which refers to the first rule of a gunfight, which is to bring a gun.

I've had failures with all types of ammo, including velocitors. I've only shot 50 rounds of punch, but didn't have issues.

Rimfires run dirty and they are extraordinarily picky. Even with premium ammo. They don't handle rough treatment as well as centerfire, exposure to the elements.

The amount of abuse a centerfire round can take and still fire compared to rimfire is astounding

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Wrt to 3, thats exactly what practice will do. It doesn't matter what gun you have, a 1911, CZ TSO, Carl Gustav recoiless rifle, .380 lcp, if you don't practice, you won't be comfortable or accurate with anything.

will that .380 lcp be an absolute bitch to practice with? Absolutely. But it's as some say, a first rule gun. Which refers to the first rule of a gunfight, which is to bring a gun.

I've had failures with all types of ammo, including velocitors. I've only shot 50 rounds of punch, but didn't have issues.

Rimfires run dirty and they are extraordinarily picky. Even with premium ammo. They don't handle rough treatment as well as centerfire, exposure to the elements.

The amount of abuse a centerfire round can take and still fire compared to rimfire is astounding

My LCPII .22lr is a first-rule gun too....and it's not a bitch to practice with. Keep it clean, lubed, and fed quality ammo, and it works every time..... kinda like a 1911.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My LCPII .22lr is a first-rule gun too....and it's not a bitch to practice with. Keep it clean, lubed, and fed quality ammo, and it works every time..... kinda like a 1911.

Or a glock, drop it in some muddy water, feed it some rusty steel case thats been sitting in a dud bucket for a few months and it still works! ;)

Top Bottom