TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ciguerra arrived! Coyote w/black buckle. First impressions:

1. Super light
    2. Way more rigid than good leather
    3. ‘Normal’ belt thickness compared to double-layer leather.

Feels like pounds dropped on my EDC rig.

236886295d69b905b2fde66c1a38b4f2.jpg

eb020613a42ecb65099736753d783a5a.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse

1. Super light

Looks good but I still like my 511 with infinite adjustment.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

1. Super light

That looks really good.

Their website is a little shy on details. How rigid is it?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    After five days, here's my initial impressions. First, pictures online indicate the free end of the belt is square cut; it's not. It's cut on an angle from top to bottom; to me, this appears upside down but nobody sees it so I don't care too much about it. Call that a true nitpick. 99% of my carry revolves around a Wilson EDC X-9 with a spare mag. The remaining 1% is with a Shield-sized pistol and spare mag. Generally I carry in a Crossbreed IWB hybrid leather/kydex with the mag carrier OWB on the opposite hip-ish side. If find this carry setup to be most comfortable for me. The Ciguerra does it job nicely in this aspect. One small detail sticks out and that's buckle holes reinforced with a metal grommet, pretty much eliminating stretch at that point.

As I mentioned earlier, this belt is two layers of 1.5" scuba webbing and is really stiff in the vertical plane. There's also an inner set of reinforcing stitching that improves that. Torqueing isn't as well controlled but that's to be expected, while there is excellent horizontal flex so that it fit's comfortable around the hips. It does a great job with the hybird IWD however a full leather Tucker OWB carrying the X9 does slightly succumb to the torsion of a grip/mag-heavy pistol bouncing around as you walk. Not bad, but in that instance a leather belt is just more...comfortable...for me.

What it feels like with the hybrid IWB is an overall lighter and more comfortable setup than leather, which is what I was looking for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this belt for anyone with a similar carry setup.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Yes, I’ve done a search and there is nothing recent although a couple years ago there was something on Kore and Grip6.

I’m in the market for a new gun belt. I’ve gone thru Hank’s, El Paso Saddlery, and a lot of Crossbreed belts on the leather side and LBT on the textile. I’m looking a high quality gun belt that fits through 1.5” belt loops. I’m usually replacing belts once a year when the support gives out as I generally have an OWB mag carrier and switch between INW and OBW a double-stack, commander-sized 1911.

I don’t care about the material as much as I care about the belt being sturdy; if you have any recommendations, drop them here.
    For someone needing a first/replacement gun belt there are a lot of very good comments, insights and suggestions here what could work best. We all have strong preferences and they improve the conversation here. I got also some places to shop next time I am in the market for an outside the waistband holster. Thanks.

For a gun belt my endorsement is for the Kore Essentials family of belts. They offer a variety of features that each person needs to consider when buying a belt. Some of these are:

1. How much weight will the belt support
    2. How stiff/ridged is belt
    3. What is the buckle system
    4. How is the belt adjusted to fit with and without gun, etc.
    5. What buckle/colors available
    6. Natural or synthetic material
    7. Reviews/endorsements pro/con by buyers

I have been wearing two different Kore belts since 2019. Both offer 40+ sizing positions in 1/4" increments. So if you have too much at lunch you can let it out a bit. And easily cinch it up later. They have belts that can carry from 8lb-20lb of gear and fit belt loops from 1 1/4" to 1 3/4". They have increased your choice in buckles, colors, material and design since I bought mine. They respond to the customer needs and preferences. Their website has thousands of very positive reviews including mine. Both belts have remain stiff/ridged to support the weight.

In comparison my first gun belt was a 1 1/4" leather belt with some reinforcement. But after lots of wear and tear it didn't hold up the gun very well. Next were three different synthetic belts which were of the 'rigger' style. Only difference was the buckle. One was too light to hold the weight and the other too heavy for daily wear. The leather belt had a set number of notches so either the belt was too tight or loose. The rigger belts didn't allow for ease of adjustment due to the buckles.

So all and all I found what works best for me; ridged belt that supports the weight, ease of adjustment, quality material/workmanship, long-lasting, lots of endorsements.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'll say it again Carhartt Mens Roller belt. 25 bucks. Thick heavy leather. Just as good as any expensive gun belt I've ever bought only better cause its 25 bucks and available almost everywhere carhartt is sold. Not ordering and waiting or sizing issues. Get 2 inches bigger than normal if you carry iwb.

I got mine at Academy. They come in black and brown. They also have a journey mans belt that's decent to but is 10 or 15 bucks more.

Dont over think it.

Some folks say it runs a bit small but they probably run a bit fat. Lol.

Seriously I dont paty attention to belt sizes. I wear 36 pants cause I carry IWB. I can squeeze into 34 pants, sometimes but 36 are comfortable carrying or not. 38 fall off my ass. My carhartt belt happens to be a 38.

I put any belt on and mark the hole it fits on. I measure from the buckle to that hole with a sewing tape and with that measurement and the tape I goto the store and measure from the middle hole to the buckle. When I get a match I buy it. Some belts have been sized 40 and some are 36 so you gotta measure for carrying unless you want you gun and pants around your ankles at the worst time.

That's not when you're in the shitter by the way.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom