• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I know KFC in Copperas Cove gives free meals to any police officer or firefighter. They mentioned something about all the person has to do is give their badge number, but I didn't know firefighters had badge numbers, so I don't know how that works. Either way, I'm glad they do that. Also, some gas stations, like chevron, give free bottles of water to any officer who comes in on duty. I think it's awesome that they do that, and wish there was some way a list could be made of who does what to make it easier for the officers and firefighters to be properly appreciated. There's TONS of info out there about where military can go to get their discounts and freebies, but I don't really hear anything for the Police or Firefighters.
    Venture Surplus ad

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    Re: Belleville Police Banned From Denny’s

Having a cop in the family, most states have chartered that leo's are on duty & required to have arms ready and being civil servants are on call 24/7. That means they get to carry whenever... their rights are determined by the state their in and have a little more than the average joe.
    There's a down side to places taking badge numbers, some years back places would go to city hall and demand payment for services rendered. This was especially true with gas stations. One reason most places have their own or special credit cards. Can't win for losing. The mob used this tactic to piss off city hall.

smartass phone acknowledgement

Top Bottom