Capitol Armory ad

Being in Network/Internet Security for 23 Years - It's my field to know these things. Familiarize yourself with this device.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sce.mag_tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2022
    Magnolia, TX
    Familiarize yourself with this device and it's long range reading capabilities.

Search up on Google or YouTube: Flipper Zero

The scale of devices this thing compromises is a list to damn long.

-You may want to start using a key to lock/unlock your vehicle doors again.
    -Get rid of anything RFID
    -Get RFID blocking wallets or sleeves for those credit cards.
    DK Firearms

sce.mag_tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2022
    Magnolia, TX
    Not a damn advert either this is Awareness only.

Those that use it have known about it, they have their own forum.

It's been out there a while, the recent updates and add-ons is why many people are concerned.

It's an Open Source Project so many people are involved with it's abilities, upgrades, etc.

Better to know, than not.

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Its 169 bucks and you have to know how to use this sort of stuff. The common methed out thief isn't going to be dragging one around, but good thieves are going to. I've bought one. I definitely want to play with this thing. Thanks for the info.

Just so you guys aren't too freaked out people have been doing this stuff with raspberry pi's from their cars forever. Like 10 years.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just so you guys aren't too freaked out people have been doing this stuff with raspberry pi's from their cars forever. Like 10 years.
    Longer.

I left such shenanigans behind me a long time ago and no longer have any current, useful knowledge. That said, I developed a basic level of paranoia back when stuff like this (conceptually, at least) was my everyday job. That will never leave me.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lots of tools of the sort are readily available and have a lot of cool uses beyond doing bad stuff. Always a cat and mouse chase with InfoSec anyway. Not to mention, a brick is pretty much a universal key to any vehicle or house.

I've got one of these, it's pretty fun:
    iu

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Its 169 bucks and you have to know how to use this sort of stuff. The common methed out thief isn't going to be dragging one around, but good thieves are going to. I've bought one. I definitely want to play with this thing. Thanks for the info.

Right. You can break into any car and drive it away with a mechanical tool that won’t cost you more than $20 and that includes the tools to make the tool.

Top Bottom