• navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    So many good craft beers these days.

One of my favorites from Ommegang brewery. They specialize in Belgian style brews.

Hennipin-OPM.gif

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    But dude, The Shiner 102 is Double Wheat.
    Makes you stuff look sissy.

" I like the label thought". Bet you dont know what those lions represent.
    Actually, I've never been able to figure that out.
    The coat of arms is similar to the coat of arms for the Free State of Bavaria, but it's got a few noticeable differences. I looked casually on the net, but it wasn't really all that important to me.
    Those guys really know a lot about beer though! The brewery at Weihenstephan has been in continuous operation since the year 1040. That's nearly a thousand years of brewing experience! Then when you figure that the abbey was built there in the 700's, and that the monks were probably brewing there from that time (the first historical reference to hops there was in the year 768!), you've got a place that's been making beer for well over a thousand years.

If you're serious about your beer, you've got to at least give one of their beers (they make ten different kinds) a try at least once before you die!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    You are freaking sheltered if Shiner ANYTHING is the best you've ever drank.

<-- Certified beer snob

Hey, I didnt get to travel all over the place drinking beer and shooting bad people. " Although that does sound like lots of fun, guess im too old for it now".
    How bout the middle east, they got any beer worth drinking? I always figured if it aint from German decent, it aint good beer.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Great ! I am pleased that Shiner (our Texas Shiner Brewery) is making a super beer, I will try to find it and give it a try. I never liked the cheap assed zombie beer, like "po folks" seem to swill but I won't mention those brands of warmed over burro pee ....I will drink a Bud or a Coors when I can't get Modelo, Dos Equies,
    Corona, or a Holland or German beer. I sure as hell won't brag on the Mexican's political situation, or the war down there but they do know how to make a great beer...I remember the old days when we would go to Acuna to party and drink that Carta Blanca beer...And they loved our Gringo dollars and we loved....
    oh I had better not elaborate, that was a long time ago...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey, I didnt get to travel all over the place drinking beer and shooting bad people. " Although that does sound like lots of fun, guess im too old for it now".
    How bout the middle east, they got any beer worth drinking? I always figured if it aint from German decent, it aint good beer.

Shit no. Muslim countries talk about being anti-alcohol and we have to play by their rules but once you go off base, man, there is a lot of liquor for them supposedly hating alcohol so much.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    The best way to get someone to open a thread is to just put the word "beer". A couple of my favorites is Dogfish Head 120 min, but I can't get that here at HEB in San Antonio, I can only get the 90min, my cousin up in Garland brings me some once a year. I also like Chimay Red or Blue. I like alot of others, but these are my special occasion preferences.

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    dogfish was on the discovery channel or something and now has gone mainstream. its very hard to find anything from them in texas now. i really loved there Raison d'etra.

JohnnyReb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I don't usually drink beer. But, when I do, I drink Shiner Bock. :) I also like many of the the Shiner beers. One seasonal favorite of mine is Shiner Smokehouse. Shiner Smokehouse.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You are freaking sheltered if Shiner ANYTHING is the best you've ever drank.

<-- Certified beer snob

LOL

I was rather underwhelmed with the Double wheat shiner. I like Shiner, but I'm much more a fan of a good Triple, New Belgium's 1556, or Bulavard Wheat (reminds me of those college days. . . I miss the Wall :_( ).

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I had the Shiner Smokehouse and didn't care for it. Just too smoky. Tasted like Shiner Bock with a little Liquid Smoke poured in it. It is GREAT for marinating burgers and BBQ though. Same with the Stone IPA, tasted like I was drinking perfume. I heard Dogfish Head makes a good IPA though.

I like a lot of the Czech beers, and other lagers. Also love me some Guinness (makes you strong!). I mostly stick with Bourbon or a single malt Scotch though.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Guinness Draught is alright. IMHO the Extra Stout is a far superior brew.

Top Bottom