• ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    look up "Bed Rug"

Installs very easy

Its the only liner I have used for the last 15 years.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who is “Toyota” in this case?

No carmaker recommends larger than OEM tires, and they certainly don’t encourage people to re-gear.

That’s aftermarket stuff, a manufacturer can’t take on that liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As I was considering a Toyota Tacoma for my next "last pickup", I began following Tacoma internet talk sites. They are full of young guys who preen to "look tough" and replace wheels & tires w/ oversize. That seriously degrades performance, esp. "MPG" and brought complaints. Toyota USA told them that they advised against, but if they insisted, the gearing should be changed. As the posters were mostly"Hard-Leg Boasters", I got off the sites. My next "last pickup" won't be a Toyota. leVieux

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Colorado can be a good rig. I would avoid the v6 and any transmission not a 6L50.

No issues with the bed liner getting crazy hot. Yes...that’s semi trailer tire. I use them as red neck traction control.
    4CA19FF5-A018-4422-A7D1-64FD554319C6.jpeg

put three to four tires in the bed, the little diesel and tires do very well.
    078AD276-09BD-42B6-956B-0C63CFEC5EAD.jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Colorado can be a good rig. I would avoid the v6 and any transmission not a 6L50.

No issues with the bed liner getting crazy hot. Yes...that’s semi trailer tire. I use them as red neck traction control.
    View attachment 301767
    put three to four tires in the bed, the little diesel and tires do very well.
    View attachment 301768
    Thank you; considering Colorado, Canyon, & Jeep Gladiator. Current 4WD’s are ‘20 Yukon Denali, ‘10 LARIAT, & ‘01 Jeep. ISO smaller truck this time. Is the little Diesel enough power?

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Thank you; considering Colorado, Canyon, & Jeep Gladiator. Current 4WD’s are ‘20 Yukon Denali, ‘10 LARIAT, & ‘01 Jeep. ISO smaller truck this time. Is the little Diesel enough power?
    The 2.8 diesel is a solid engine. At least it has been for me. My truck is 2wd so I have to compensate for how I get around mud. Not the end of the world. With weight in the bed, good tires and keep it at 1,100 rpm she will get the job done. Without 4wd I’m a much more skilled driver in mud. Stock all diesels come with a g80 locker but it’s not a true locker. Someday I will have a true selectable locker installed.

It’s a 2016 truck, I got it like new. Had a dpf go out but nothing else so far. I change my transmission and differential fluid every 40k. My second change is near. Oil changes every 5k. I run diesel fuel treatment to help injectors stay lubricated but not religiously. Almost at 80k now. Timing belt isn’t due until 150k but I’ll probably replace it early.

Everything is easy to get to on the truck except the fill for the transmission. I have very little complaints with the truck. Diesel Colorado trucks get a B+ grade in my book. I suspect if taken care of these trucks will still be on the road with 300-500k miles, engine wise, other than turbo or injectors, without batting an eye.

Power wise the 2.8 is not fast. It’s got 180 hp. But with equal torque of a ford 5.4 v8 it laughs at hills. It has to be bad to down shift. You can be going up a bad hill and at 1,300 rpm and it will just chug along. I think if it hits 1,200 it will down shift. Also payload is great for this little truck. 1,600 lbs. I have had 800lbs and it still got 28-29mpg. Tow isn’t that impressive but it’s 7k. Tongue is 900lbs.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    he diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0.

Lifted trucks with big tires are usually grocery getters. However, they would need to be monster truck tires to drag a diesel's torque to a 5.0 Ford's.
    Yeah, I get it. My point is that it’s big $ premium for that lovely diesel torque that is not fully utilized. I’ll say though that grocery getter or not, I’ve seen some very tastefully done executions. Oh well, not my money; to each his own.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Some of these new diesels come stock with 35's. I feel like that is plenty big enough. I can't even reach the bed floor on most of these new diesel trucks.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Some of these new diesels come stock with 35's. I feel like that is plenty big enough. I can't even reach the bed floor on most of these new diesel trucks.
    Eh most of these nice new trucks I see on the road are people that don’t use em. Not a dent no mud. Then yes the tires...With the right psi and weight the footprint those big tires leave would be great for working in mud. Its common place now for people to buy bad to the bone trucks but no real world or driving skills.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ya I see these lifted 3/4 ton 4x4s running around Houston. The truck has to be at least $60k in stock form + another $5-7k in wheels tires and lift kits. Looks like they have never been off road. Spotless. I mean, these guys who get the diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0. I really just don’t see the point. Nobody who actually works a truck does that kind of stuff. I digress
    Spending Granpappys oil money.

These assholes drive down our country road like its the Speedway

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Actually there is one dude who is like 5' 6" and he drives this POS ford diesel that sounds like a fucking harrier flying down the road. Not to any surprise, he drives like a complete asshole too

There's a lift-to-asshole ratio that is directly proportional, with some exceptions. Usually the higher the lift kit, the more of an asshole the owner drives like. They tend to also have 72 inch wide LED light bars on the bumper and roof and like to drive with that shit on too, while tail gating you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Spending Granpappys oil money.

These assholes drive down our country road like its the Speedway
    Call the local DPS office and file a complaint a few times. Idiots use to use our rural road for a speedway too. DPS started out sitting on our road a few times a week, writing tickets. I'm guessing word got around, because that type of driving slowed way down.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Speaking of trucks. I'm in the market for a used 3/4 ton 4x4 gasser if anyone knows of one. I sold my old 6.blow awhile back, but need something else. Single cab/Extended or Crew. Would like it to be sub 140,000 miles and Sub $20k. I'm probably asking to much in todays market. Just need something decently reliable to pull a 7,200lbs GVWR bumper pull travel trailer. I know some half tons could probably do it. I just worry about tounge weight and would like piece of mind of having the extra capacity.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Call the local DPS office and file a complaint a few times. Idiots use to use our rural road for a speedway too. DPS started out sitting on our road a few times a week, writing tickets. I'm guessing word got around, because that type of driving slowed way down.
    Hey now I dont want any state troopers or local smokies anywhere near my house :laughing: its just the loud exhaust really. Wakes the kid up and then my wife bitches for a good hour straight

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Speaking of trucks. I'm in the market for a used 3/4 ton 4x4 gasser if anyone knows of one. I sold my old 6.blow awhile back, but need something else. Single cab/Extended or Crew. Would like it to be sub 140,000 miles and Sub $20k. I'm probably asking to much in todays market. Just need something decently reliable to pull a 7,200lbs GVWR bumper pull travel trailer. I know some half tons could probably do it. I just worry about tounge weight and would like piece of mind of having the extra capacity.
    You're correct. Many 1/2 tons could pull that much, but a 3/4 ton would have much better suspension and brakes to handle the weight.

Top Bottom