• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I always though the black spray in bedliner would be hot.
    All of the one's I've touched in mid summer were surprisingly ambient.

The 1" box end wrench however.....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    My old Ranger had a plastic slide in bedliner when I got it. I have all of the negatives that you guys have plus, I park on a very slight incline. When it rains every raindrop stays in the bed until I drive away and it looks like Niagra Falls coming out of the back. In addition, the slide in liners are slicker than cum on a marble and anything you put in the bed sill slide around if you don't tie it down. Luckily, I never haul much so it's not too much of a problem.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My old Ranger had a plastic slide in bedliner when I got it. I have all of the negatives that you guys have plus, I park on a very slight incline. When it rains every raindrop stays in the bed until I drive away and it looks like Niagra Falls coming out of the back. In addition, the slide in liners are slicker than cum on a marble and anything you put in the bed sill slide around if you don't tie it down. Luckily, I never haul much so it's not too much of a problem.

I learned a new phrase. This made my day. :laughing: Hope your Saturday goes well

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The slide-in liners trap water and cause massive rust. A Friend was a GMC Dealer, whose Father-in-Law was a retired GMC Dealer. "Dad" got a new GMC to drive yearly. Friend put a liner in one, in a year he pulled it our and found massive rust. He had to put it back over some undercoating, and never used another.

My point is that one can get Skorpion Cote or others in lighter custom colors for the same price, and have none of the negatives.

leVieux

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Ya I see these lifted 3/4 ton 4x4s running around Houston. The truck has to be at least $60k in stock form + another $5-7k in wheels tires and lift kits. Looks like they have never been off road. Spotless. I mean, these guys who get the diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0. I really just don’t see the point. Nobody who actually works a truck does that kind of stuff. I digress
    The oversize tires aren't for work, Large egos need large tires.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ANY metal, plastic, or composite surface if left in direct sunlight during a hot day is going to be hot. I spent 16 years towing, jump starting, and breaking into cars, rain, shine, hot or cold. It doesn't matter if its black, white, shiny, matte - metal and plastic absorb and hold heat. You'll burn your hand or leg skin on a hot day if you touch any of that for more than a few seconds. If you have to mess around with anything automotive-wise on a sunny day (Even if the air temp isn't high) its wise to wear some mechanics type gloves at least, and long pants.

I see tow operators here that wear shorts on the sunny days and I cringe for them. I made that mistake as a rookie driver and got some second degree burns on my legs for the trouble. Whatever the air temperature is, you can count on the pavement to be quite a bit hotter - and quite a lot more unforgiving to exposed skin. It sucks from a comfort standpoint - but I learned to wear long pants and use knee pads, along with gloves and long sleeves when appropriate. If going into under brush to fetch a car that went off road, even in the hottest summer days I'd suit up in my coveralls.

Carhartts or similar thick cotton pants were the best at keeping the burn at bay, while making you sweat your ass off while doing it. Even thinner pants are better than bare skin on hot metal or asphalt (or concrete)

Of course, all will be hot; but the difference b/t black & white is very significant.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Most of this group wants a bigger truck than a Tacoma

Nothing wrong with the Tacoma, other than its not really ergonomic for bigger guys with certain proportions. I'm 6'4" tall, long legs. The Taco is just not comfortable to ride in for me. Slightly more comfortable in the driver seat, but not THAT much more. The similarly sized Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon, on the other hand, is perfect. My old F150 work truck was more roomy, but the seat was garbage and it caused back pain to flare up.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    "More testosterone than brains" !

Toyota has actually told Tacoma buyers to not change to larger diameter wheels & tires w/o changing their gears, but they just want to "look tough". . . .

Who is “Toyota” in this case?

No carmaker recommends larger than OEM tires, and they certainly don’t encourage people to re-gear.

That’s aftermarket stuff, a manufacturer can’t take on that liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    he diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0.
    Ya I see these lifted 3/4 ton 4x4s running around Houston. The truck has to be at least $60k in stock form + another $5-7k in wheels tires and lift kits. Looks like they have never been off road. Spotless. I mean, these guys who get the diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0. I really just don’t see the point. Nobody who actually works a truck does that kind of stuff. I digress
    Lifted trucks with big tires are usually grocery getters. However, they would need to be monster truck tires to drag a diesel's torque to a 5.0 Ford's.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom