• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Sometimes Ill wake up and ill have bites on my legs etc, not all over just like one bit on two body parts they itch like crazy. They arent tick bites more like a big mesquite bit or a harmless spider bit I wash my sheets every month. How old is too old for a mattress?? I heard today on the radio that if a mattress is older than 2002 replace it. Does this sound like rebel chiggers?? I had chiggers last summer on my legs but these appear 2 to 3 weeks. Maybe even a month then they disappear till the next cycle. I havent had a indoor pet since 2005 so I dont think fleas?
    Target Sports

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Theres hypoallergenic sprays that kill the mites that live on everyones matterss that eat the dead skin you leave. spray it down and get a mattress pad. I wash or change my sheets every week, but i have a dog that likes to sneak up on the bed after I leave for work and my girlfriend sleeps like a rock so she dosent notice.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Before paying for an exterminator to come through your home it would probably be worthwhile to try using one of the foggers you can find in the insecticide aisles of H.E.B. or Walmart. I use those about every three months and don't have problems. :)

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    Before paying for an exterminator to come through your home it would probably be worthwhile to try using one of the foggers you can find in the insecticide aisles of H.E.B. or Walmart. I use those about every three months and don't have problems. :)

if it is bed bugs exterminator and or foggers will not work they just keep comming back !! trash that mattress get a new one and wash your sheet once a wk. if you do stay at hotels wash your bags and dirty clothing don't take them in the house.also if you have carpet get it steam clean,good luck !!! they are a pain !!

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    ewwwwwww!

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by country_boy
    thats more often than other people i know. Appreciate the help.

WELL YEAH their are few railroad workers on this site that can tell you some nasty stories about some of the hotels we have stay.the best way to keep them out 1.don't put your bag on the floor at the hotel 2.don't leave your clothes on the floor 3.check the bed look for anything like,little lines of stains aka bedbugs,hair? why cause the maid may have just made the bed and not changed the sheets !!! 4.look around the headboard and around the bed.a few guys have gotten bed bugs and taken home to thier wife and kids.hope this helps someone

Top Bottom