• scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I'm here now.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347224041.751267.jpg

It's a private range, so don't know who you're looking to contact.

shortwave62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Deer Park
    Ok cool, There was a number listed for them. I was going call and talk to someone about a membership. Scap do you have a number or e-mail of somebody to get a hold of? Thanks.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Ok cool, There was a number listed for them. I was going call and talk to someone about a membership. Scap do you have a number or e-mail of somebody to get a hold of? Thanks.

Check the website. I've never had to contact anyone since I joined several years ago.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'm not sure if it's changed, but a few months ago, the BRI board decided to suspend new membership for a while. The club was getting too big for the facilities.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Interesting, I had heard rumors of them contemplating that, but didn't know they had done it.

If anyone ever wants to go as a guest, just holler.

BoydS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    SE Texas
    You now need to be sponsered by a member to join.

I'm a member there and knew that membership had been suspended for a time, but didn't know sponsorship is now required. Just checked their website and yes, you now need to have a current member sign the application.

Actually, I like this. Especially the part about endorsing someone as a safe and responsible firearms owner and shooter. Reason being, there are some folks out there that should have never gotten a membership due to their careless and disregard for safety and the range rules. Fortunately, I have not heard of any incidences of anyone getting hurt ... but there have been some close calls that I have witnessed.

Great outdoor range.

Bayou Rifles Website:
    Open enrollment, if you will, in Bayou Rifles is suspended until further notice.

Anyone wishing to become a member of Bayou Rifles should print off a copy of the membership application, fill it out as neatly as possible, and have a current member sign it as a referring member, along with their membership number as displayed on their Member ID card, as sponsoring your membership application and endorsing you as a safe and responsible firearms owner and shooter. The membership application should be mailed to Bayou Rifles, Inc. P.O. Box 761, Bellaire, Texas, 77402. Member sponsored membership applications will be in place until further notice. You will be contacted via email only as to the time and place for New Member Orientation once a sufficient number of pending new members has accumulated.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Got an email that they are going to start having RSO's at Juliff. :(

Part of the reason I drive the 50 miles is to be left alone.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Got an email that they are going to start having RSO's at Juliff. :(

Part of the reason I drive the 50 miles is to be left alone.

The way I read it, the range would remain open to members whether an RSO was on duty or not. The RSO won't be responsible for calling ceases fires or anything unless a member asks for it (which would imply that other shooters were being asshats). I'm an RSO at Addicks, and as long as you're not breaking any rules, you are left as alone as alone can be. I am assuming things will be handled the same at Juliff.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Excerpted from the email:

"The general idea is to have an RSO on the Juliff range at random times, 7 days a week. Since this is a volunteer program, it is highly unlikely that we will have an RSO on duty all day long, every day.
    General duties will be to monitor the range for safety. Monitor for rules violations and assist with any problem(s) that may arise while on duty.
    It is not necessary for the RSO to call cease fires, unless requested to do so by the shooters on the line."

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Here's even more reassurance for you, Scap. This is from the most recent newsletter, addressing RSO duties at Addicks (and the same will apply at Juliff):

The primary focus of the RSO on duty is the safe operation of the range. Monitor activities while maintaining a ‘background’ presence. There is no need to call cease fires, unless you are specifically asked to do so by the shooters on the line, OR if the RSO sees an unsafe condition.

shortwave62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Deer Park
    I'm finally back in country from work and I'm looking for a place to shoot. I don't know anyone who is a member there so how can you get an invite to meet people that are members, to possibly get a sponsorship? I'm in Deer Park.

festering

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    Shortwave, Deer Park is pretty far from both ranges. If you want to meet some of the members, look at the club calendar and go to a match. I shoot at the Addicks range most wednesdays if you want to shoot as a guest

Top Bottom