• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not
    Came down to Texas right out of college about 20 years ago from the not-so-tropical Canadian province of Newfoundland. Typical Canuck: small town, hockey, lager, canoes, and chainsaws. As for Texas, I noted that it was a bit warmer, guns were ok, and that my years of practicing drinking could now be put to good use in the Houston area. I've since moved a bit away from H-town and am much happier for it. Just got my US citizenship a few years ago and have been voting to ensure that those craptastic rectum-reaming taxes and governmental overreach that I grew up with don't show up here. "When in Rome" is my motto. Currently working in offshore engineering.

Anyways, because Texas, I shoot 45ACP (luv me some 1911), 45/70 (luv me some levergun), as well as good 'ol 308. I also dabble in some of that smaller 9mm, 223, and 300BLK stuff. ;). I also reload for those calibers and have a couple of flintlocks...because Texas. I am also an avid homebrewer of mead (that fermented honey viking stuff) and am bummed I don't have enough land to keep bees for that purpose.

Anyways, hola from out past Houston and the Brazos river.

MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not
    Ummm....small suggestion, Shiner beer!

Can't stand the stuff. I'm not a 'hops' beer kinda guy and Shiner has a bit too much of that for my taste. I grew up on lagers, ales, and rum, so I just cannot get into the sharp hoppy beers and IPAs. Can't do it. I actually don't mind Lone Star as that's what we ended up drinking when the breweries went on strike in the 80's. Basically the province was drank dry in a little over 2 days and commercial suppliers scabbed beer in from the US as an imported item to bypass the unions. Nowadays I usually pick up some Dos Equis for a light drink and a case of Labatts blue for when I need to do some serious work (i.e. grill and/or watch hockey).

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Howdy and welcome bud.
    You've been in Texas twenty years and you have yet to develop an appreciable taste in beer? ... Must be something to do with the Houston area.

Top Bottom