• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Damned lumbago (sacro iliac joint arthritis in my case) = no battle belts for me. Then again, if the SHTF, I can bear some pain but would rather wear a vest to carry spare mags and such.
    Target Sports

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I run an Elite Survival Systems battle belt. It's paired with a plate carrier or chest rig depending.

uXN2ZO8.jpg

t7LsEfo.jpg

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    HTC is good stuff!

Looks like that BFG IFAK is much more compact than the one HTC ships with their low-profile system...

If you don't mind, I'm curious about what you didn't like with the kydex, was bulk/chafing one of the factors for swapping out the pouches? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bulk and stiffness were the main reasons. I had to get in and out of an armored Land Cruiser multiple times a day, and that belt with all those linked kydex pouches was a real PITA, because it not only didn't ride well when seated for long periods, it tended to snag my cover garment and leave gear exposed.

The BFG pouches were much lower profile, more flexible and lighter, and that made wearing a full basic load a lot more tolerable on long days.

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    @CyberWolf

The LTC belt pouch is a little bigger than the BFG, but I can carry my Hyfin seals in the LTC, plus the regular contents, which makes the added bulk worth the stretch. I cut a few pieces of Ziploc Freezer Bags into makeshift seals and roll them up into a quiet corner of my kit in case I need more.

Top Bottom