ARJ Defense ad

BATFE going door to Door confiscating AA-12 shotguns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    This first two screen shots are a post from the current manufacturer of the AA-12.

The third is also interesting.

If the original company changed serial numbers from registered machine guns and made those into Semi Autos then they broke the law.

It's a stupid law. It doesn't change the fact that the BATFE should have known and should have caught it. It doesnt change the fact that they are coming for 10 year old guns door to door.

It doesn't change the fact that they are seizing $20k post 86 dealer samples over a marking issue.

It doesn't change the fact that they can simply decide all M1 carbine revievrs are identical to the M2 assault rifle and decide that all M1 carbine are now MGs. Or that the AR15 lower is identical to an M16 lower minus one hole and detrrmine that they are now MGs and come visit us to pick ours up.

It's a bad precedence

50c8a8f866c40c2b7524975efe03db8f.jpg
    309059aa8fe7a8cfe119caf1c434fd81.jpg
    faf10bb1e842f5a8ef30e32695e1ac1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 50c8a8f866c40c2b7524975efe03db8f.jpg
      50c8a8f866c40c2b7524975efe03db8f.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 759
    • 309059aa8fe7a8cfe119caf1c434fd81.jpg
      309059aa8fe7a8cfe119caf1c434fd81.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 839
    • faf10bb1e842f5a8ef30e32695e1ac1f.jpg
      faf10bb1e842f5a8ef30e32695e1ac1f.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 887

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Reading this, it sounds more like the manufacturer fucked everyone over by not following the rules in place.

No fan of the ATF, but my AR was never a registered M16 and the manufacturer didn’t scribble a couple extra numbers on an M16 receiver, fill in a hole, and sell it as semi auto. They manufactured a semi auto receiver. I don’t see the direct link from manufacturer breaking the law to manufactured semi auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    If they actually made the semi autos on the same receivers as the machine guns, you have to ask yourself why the ATF hasn't figured this out over the last 20 years.

Another issue is that an M1 carbine is the same receiver as an M2 carbine.

You could also say that an AR-15 is the exact same receiver as an M16 with the third hole not being drilled.

What this means for us is that it anytime the ATF can just decide that M1 carbines are machine guns and have to be turned in. It will be able to make the same argument about AR-15s

We can't vote them out because the alternative is worse.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I
    Problem with this is it shows that the government is more than willing to retroactively decide that something is a machine gun and then come door-to-door and pick them up
    And THAT is why any changes to the background check laws made for private sales between private individuals is so dangerous. They will 'need' to register all guns so they can tell when they are sold. Then someday, they just change some regulation, and come to get them.
    This effectively negates the 2nd Amendment. And without that, we are well and truly f#cked.
    We are slaves.
    NOTE TO ALL YOU GOVERNMENT-LOVERS: I am not wearing a tinfoil hat.

Last edited:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Reading this, it sounds more like the manufacturer fucked everyone over by not following the rules in place.

No fan of the ATF, but my AR was never a registered M16 and the manufacturer didn’t scribble a couple extra numbers on an M16 receiver, fill in a hole, and sell it as semi auto. They manufactured a semi auto receiver. I don’t see the direct link from manufacturer breaking the law to manufactured semi auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After the TrumpStock Ban, I'm not so sure.

These guns have been out for years. And the ATF just decided that this was what happened.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Another reason to stop posting pics of your shit and talking too much online.

Anyone that thinks this place isn’t mined for intel is naieve. More so now that caucasians and whites are being targeted.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Another reason to stop posting pics of your shit and talking too much online.

Anyone that thinks this place isn’t mined for intel is naieve. More so now that caucasians and whites are being targeted.
    Yep. They definitely monitor social media

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    We can't vote them out because the alternative is exactly the same.
    -Fixed that for ya.
    (Assuming that Trump signs a new background check law. If he doesn't, he is still on our side.) Sort of.
    I'm thinking that there are a few that by doing nothing tend to help our cause. If they were voted out the others might actually do something. But, probably not.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The MFG phucked up on several fronts, not really ATF fault. Play the game by the rules, and do not invite the man into your life.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    any changes to the background check laws made for private sales between private individuals is so dangerous. They will 'need' to register all guns so they can tell when they are sold.
    You're conflating background checks and registration. The two don't have to go together. I outlined in another thread a way to have universal background checks completely divorced from the actual transactions and any details thereof.

Of course, all the people in power pushing for universal background checks are really trying to establish registration so I don't blame you for conflating the two concepts.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The MFG phucked up on several fronts, not really ATF fault. Play the game by the rules, and do not invite the man into your life.
    Maybe the manufacture messes up
    Maybe they didn't

They are coming after 10 plus year old firearms.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Maybe the manufacture messes up
    Maybe they didn't

And this right here is the whole, and complete point.

Doesn't matter to me if the firearm is one day old or two hundred and twenty plus years old. It is the fact that they are willing to change the rules and, or laws, on a whim, to fit a definition that changes on that said whim.

We, as a whole, have given entirely too much power to the government. We've got to get that power back to the people, as it was written into our founding documents.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Year of MFG does not change anything. A Tommy Gun made in 1932 without proper markings is illegal today. Cocaine grown in 1795 is still illegal today.

It is BS they are confiscating them, they should allow the MFG to recall and fix them all.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Doesn't matter to me if the firearm is one day old or two hundred and twenty plus years old. It is the fact that they are willing to change the rules and, or laws, on a whim, to fit a definition that changes on that said whim.

Nothing was changed. The MFG cut corners and got burned. No different than folks who do F1s and then try to get cute with inconspicuous markings. Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.

1776-1976

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    If they actually made the semi autos on the same receivers as the machine guns, you have to ask yourself why the ATF hasn't figured this out over the last 20 years.

Another issue is that an M1 carbine is the same receiver as an M2 carbine.

You could also say that an AR-15 is the exact same receiver as an M16 with the third hole not being drilled.

What this means for us is that it anytime the ATF can just decide that M1 carbines are machine guns and have to be turned in. It will be able to make the same argument about AR-15s

I think you are referring to the AK 47 witch is actually a AKM variant in the case of stamped receivers. They only need the third hole drilled to install the pin for the select and full auto components. Many of the Romanian parts kits used to come with the full auto parts. There is even a time when Chinese Mak 90's were being imported with the third hole in the receiver until the batf found out and confiscated them. So you can see that even if your AKM did not have the full auto components installed that just drilling the third hole would make it illegal. To ban or regulate ANY firearm is unconstitutional since the SOLE purpose of the Second Amendment is to ensure "We The People" have the arms to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government witch by every measure is what we have today and have had for some time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom