• ...and so much more!
  • MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Looking for someone who can thread a single shot pistol barrel to accept a suppressor. It's a .22 long rifle so it would be a 1/2"-28 thread. Some place in or around the Spring, Conroe, North Houston area would be nice but I'm not against shipping it because it's just the barrel not the entire pistol. This is just one of the very few things I miss about not having my machine shop around since retiring. Thanks for any leads.
    Venture Surplus ad

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Looking for someone who can thread a single shot pistol barrel to accept a suppressor. It's a .22 long rifle so it would be a 1/2"-28 thread. Some place in or around the Spring, Conroe, North Houston area would be nice but I'm not against shipping it because it's just the barrel not the entire pistol. This is just one of the very few things I miss about not having my machine shop around since retiring. Thanks for any leads.
    Spring Guns and Ammo. Close to you.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1636068660531.png
    ???

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Morgan at Class 3

MetalCutter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Well, it's been two weeks since I dropped the barrel off. The guy said two weeks to get it done and I hadn't heard anything so I called. "Nope, haven't got to it yet. Got a few jobs in front of yours but it's on the table." When asked how much longer, he says "Oh, shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks." Typical gunsmith BS, I'll wait a couple more weeks then I'll spill the beans on where I took it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The old “fast/cheap/good” trifecta. Hopefully it’s cheap and good, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I had a feller thread a savage 10 in .308 years ago. It was that same runaround crap for like 6 months. There was always an excuse as to why it was a couple more weeks.

Ultimately, it got done and was a good job but hardly worth the drama. He is since out of business.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

MetalCutter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Got the barrel back yesterday and I’m very happy with the job Barney did. It was a .22 LR barrel off an RPM XL single shot break open pistol with an unusual underlug dangling underneath which complicated holding the barrel for threading. Threads look good without any torn metal or chatter and are cut to the correct dimensions. Suppressor threads on easily without any slop. He even applied some cold bluing to the exposed metal to prevent any corrosion. All for eighty-six dollars and some change. As far as time frame, it did take longer than he originally quoted me, but he had just moved into his new shop, so it did take a little longer than he originally thought. A good transaction overall and I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again. BAE Gunworks, Barney Eiseman, 936-588-2565

Top Bottom