• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Because lawyers have trained the public to believe that no matter what happens to you, it is not your fault, it is someone else's... and we can sue that someone and get some cash.

Are you poor? Not your fault.
    Are you ugly? Not your fault.
    Are you unemployed? Not your fault.
    Are you pregnant? Not your fault.

Did someone act stupid at the range? He was acting like an idiot but you sat right next to him anyway and didn't use common sense and leave? Not your fault. Let's sue!!!!

You got that right!! The American public is WAY sue-happy!! The court systems should be able to weed those law suits out, but that will never happen....too many "rights" and stupid laws on the books...
    Hurley's Gold

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    lol reminds me of an article i read earlier. i think it was in austin, some yuppie was bicycling down a county road (i think) on the shoulder, hit a pot hole, fell down, and is suing the city

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Because lawyers have trained the public to believe that no matter what happens to you, it is not your fault, it is someone else's... and we can sue that someone and get some cash.

Are you poor? Not your fault.
    Are you ugly? Not your fault.
    Are you unemployed? Not your fault.
    Are you pregnant? Not your fault.

Did someone act stupid at the range? He was acting like an idiot but you sat right next to him anyway and didn't use common sense and leave? Not your fault. Let's sue!!!!

That's hilarious - and totally true.

This trend is only natural. We live in an age where nothing is the responsibility of the individual, so it's only natural for them to want Government, God, etc to solve every problem.

Hell those of us that do it ourselves are considered "old school cowboys" and should be watched out for... and surely not trusted.

txfireguy2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Temple
    Ft. Hood Rod and Gun Club has a skeet range, archery range and you guessed it, a bar in the club house. Must be an army base thing, as I've NEVER seen it anywhere else.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    What are the prices of the drinks? When Sea World was wet they made sure the prices of alcohol were high enough that you'd have to spend $50 to get a good buzz.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    An old post revived: Military installations not only serve to house thousands of Volunteer Troops, they also serve to provide a high quality of life, funded by those troops.

It is not uncommon to find a Rod & Gun Club on a military installation. Troopers can find recreation in shooting, fishing, archery, and afterwards, a COLD BEER.

On the other hand, I suspect the sale of alcoholic beverages at a PUBLIC range could be a problem: You will have all sorts of customers and none are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Give it a rest!

Be well.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I've used several Rod and Gun Clubs on U.S. Army Bases in Germany - all have have bars. All the German gun clubs I've used have had bars; same with British gun clubs. Never had any incidents while I was on the premises. Some clubs had hours for the bar, only open when the range was closed. Others did not.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Back in the 1990's there was a range with an adjacent Ice House across Beltway 8 from the Horse Track in Houston. It operated for several years, and was quite popular. Although it is no longer there, I always wondered about the proximity of the two. Maybe someone from the area remembers why it was shut down...
    A lot of houses were built in the area behind it, and that may have been a contributing factor. I do remember that the berms behind the range were impressively tall for a flat city like Houston.

slodsm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Tyler Tx
    A range I was a member of in North Carolina when I was in the Corps had a bar and grill at the entrance to the range called "The Trapper Saloon".

You could go in, buy your ammo, shoot, etc etc etc and when you were done, you could go to the bar and drink/have a steak or whatever you wanted but once you checked went into the bar, you dropped off your membership card and couldn't pick it up again until the next day.

Worked out fine for them for the 12 years I was there, probably still working out now. All the years I shot on that range I NEVER saw a guy have a beer and go shooting yet in the three years I've been back in Tx I've seen it twice at ETRPC which has NO bar anywhere near it and the range officers have caught them and chased them off.

A bar at a range that is run properly is no problem at all, just a place to have a couple of beers with friends after a long day of blasting targets.

JBarL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Mosheim
    Well I for one would have no part in a Range that serves alcohol, as a Instructor myself I can honestly say Guns and Alcohol Doesn't mix someone will be a Statistic at that range very soon. I hate to say it but we all know that to be true. Let me know So I Wont get within 100 miles from that place.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^ that is the first post ive seen from you, and to me it sounded like barney fife was talking...

internal monologue + content of your post really made me laugh loud.

really loud.

i think i woke up the boss upstairs.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I would go to a range with a bar, and I would have some drinks after shooting. Just to piss off the bedwetters like JBarL.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    IXLR8,
    That is the place I was talking about above.

It was called, if I remember correctly, Champions Lake Gun Club.

They had skeet, trap and sporting clays. Once Texas got the CHL, they added a pistol range in front for classes.

The houses and all that stuff you see now were not there. That is all new, in the past 10 years or so. I was part of a dove lease on it for many years after it closed, up until about 2002. We had many a good time out there shooting rifles, pistols and busting birds after it closed. There was something cool about getting off work, and 15 minutes later knocking down doves. Many a late work phone call was interrupted by "wait a minute...bang" The wrecker drivers pretty much pilfered the place at night, and we had to have them run off on numerous occasions.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom