• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Bar at range....

What are you all's thoughts on a range having a bar? There is a local range that has a bar. It kinda freaks me out that people are drinking in the bar, then can get on the the range! To me, alcohol and shooting don't mix. Just wondering if this is the norm in other parts of the state, or am I being overly paranoid?
    :confused: Ok...had to edit here.......my buddy is telling me even though they have a "bar and grill", that he doesn't think they sell alcohol, my bad, and my apologies if I got that wrong. I'm still not 100% sure of that though...been there once only, and looked like a bar to me, and is called a "bar".
    Guns International

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    That is about the stupidest idea I have ever heard of.
    I would by no means go to a range that has a bar.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Years ago, I remember going to a range where the owners set out a smoked brisket and a loaf of bread and you could make a sandwich and just put a buck in the shoebox on the table. They had a kid about 8 years old reloading shotgun shells for the skeet range.

But a bar? No, no, no.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    From the experiences of clubs & ranges where I'm a member, I'd say the chances of getting insurance for that type of operation would be about zero! When they pull your insurance, you shut down.

Flash

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I called this morning, and sure enough, the guy on the phone was very proud of their selection of bottled and draft beer and a full selection or liquor! I just think this is wrong, and don't understand the lack of common sense at this establishment.

daddy

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    That's ignorant.

Someone should call the authorities and inquire about the legality of that. Something bad WILL happen at that range.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, however as a business owner I would probably impose some serious restrictions. For instance: you can go to the range and shoot, but once you enter the bar your hand gets stamped and you can't return to the range that day. The bar stuff then would be the normal stuff: don't over serve people.

But yeah: the idiots at the range can be scary enough, I really don't want them liqoured up too.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    interesting to see a group of folks that regularly scream about over regulation....now wanting the "authorities" to do something about a business they dont agree with. why not make your point with your wallet? dont go there. i'm not saying I support what they are doing, just saying some of these post fly in the face of what is typically posted (which is usually for the govt to stay out of our business)

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    That's ignorant.

Someone should call the authorities and inquire about the legality of that. Something bad WILL happen at that range.
    Well, as far as reporting them....this range is located on a U.S. Army base, but is open to the public. I don't know if it is privately owned or run by the Army. The bar, was the reason I did not join this range. I just didn't know if this was a common thing around Texas or not....was just curious if the other ranges in Texas also server alcohol or not.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well.

If it's on Federal property, local laws do not always apply. This does not make it any more OK in my book, but it does change the legal status.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    interesting to see a group of folks that regularly scream about over regulation....now wanting the "authorities" to do something about a business they dont agree with. why not make your point with your wallet? dont go there. i'm not saying I support what they are doing, just saying some of these post fly in the face of what is typically posted (which is usually for the govt to stay out of our business)
    Not trying to start any drama, Sir.....just didn't know if this was a common thing at ranges. Never been to other ranges. Just wanted some info.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Not trying to start any drama, Sir.....just didn't know if this was a common thing at ranges. Never been to other ranges. Just wanted some info.
    LOL....I know you werent. Your question is a valid one. I was merrely commenting on the position of some of our more regular members, who despise govt interference in private business.
    I think the problem would fix itself.

(and its not common....in fact I think its unheard of)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    What a bunch of snitches and pot stirrers. I don't think that bars and gun ranges don't go together but thats a far cry from me thinking that it "MIGHT" be illegal or "SHOULD" be illegal and that I should personally take up the banner to close it down because it doesn't conform to my ideas.

Even if I could find the chapter and section of the zoning or state law why?

I agree with texascop2 : I think the problem would fix itself.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Went to a sporting clays shoot at a high end private shooting club. They have a country club style set up with a bar in the clubhouse but only opened up once the shoot was over with. I loved it there but would have to remortgage my house to join.

Just a public range that served and allowed shooting at all times would be a horrible idea.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    While I may not agree with the idea, what is to stop someone from visiting a bar and then hitting the range? Even if said bar is a half mile down the road... People are people, but I'd say most folks that go to gun ranges are for the most part smart enough not to drink and shot.. Also, what is to stop someone from drinking in the parking lot, or taking a toke, then coming in to shoot? Range staff!

We don't need no more stinking laws!!! We do need common sense...I could see it being run properly, as mentioned, stamp them and they don't get to go back to the range...If they leave drunk, and have weapons in there cars and get pulled over...well, that's on them...

Not enough information on this place to judge it in either direction... I wonder how long it has been open? Any issues? I would love to grab a brew after pounding targets for 3 hours...but I am responsible, and it would end with one brew! Personal responsibility...That's what's for dinner!!!

Top Bottom