• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

Over here in very-far trans-Sabine “East Texas”, we don’t have the codified signage of the Lone Star State to misinterpret.

But, we see these in increasing numbers:

FE0377CC-6B0E-4EE2-91AC-F9CCEB395F36.png

When I ask owners or managers of businesses if they understand what these signs mean or accomplish, they never know.

Not even a clue, but they think of them as increasing their own “safety”.

Explanations virtually always fall on deaf ears. I just get blank stares and avoidance.

Yet, I keep trying.

When a business can be shown the business opportunities the sign actually costs them, then they respond, often appropriately.

If you see any of these, or the codified ones, please take a moment to explain to the owners that they are excluding an entire class of potential BEST customers.

leVieux

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

When I ask owners or managers of businesses if they understand what these signs mean or accomplish, they never know.

Explanations virtually always fall on deaf ears. I just get blank stares and avoidance.

Yet, I keep trying.
    That’s the definition of insanity, Doc.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    >

Over here in very-far trans-Sabine “East Texas”, we don’t have the codified signage of the Lone Star State to misinterpret.

But, we see these in increasing numbers:

View attachment 362265

Yet, I keep trying.

When a business can be shown the business opportunities the sign actually costs them, then they respond, often appropriately.

If you see any of these, or the codified ones, please take a moment to explain to the owners that they are excluding an entire class of potential BEST customers.

leVieux

Why would you care, it doesn't mean anything.
    Nothing legal about it.

Shouldn't be excluding anyone.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Just wait til you see that sign at the local gun store...
    Oh it gets better than that. I still communicate with my friends in California. The following is a legitimate post from an employee of a chain of gun stores in the South Bay area called Ammo Brothers. They are contributing to a union that only supports politicians that want to do away with 2A. I'm so glad I got the F out of there!

"The sales associates & cashiers at Ammo Bros Cerritos have formed a union with UFCW 324. We had our election in March of 2022 and were certified shortly thereafter. Since then we have been in negotiations with our employer to come to terms for a FAIR COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT. We are greatly disappointed that AMMO BROS ENGAGED IN AN UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICE, intimidating and surveilling workers and harming our ability to get a fair contract. As such the employees are conducting an Unfair Labor Practice strike.
    We, the sales associates & cashiers of Ammo Bros Cerritos ask that for the duration of our strike YOU RESPECT OUR PICKET LINE & SHOP ELSEWHERE. Thank you."

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You boys completely missed the "trans-Sabine" part of that conversation. Which I am interpreting to mean in Louisiana.
    Yes, parts of adjaent states have long come under Texas influence that they feel like a part of Texas.

Our current LA democrat governor has all but killed much of the oil & gas industry here, so many home folks are in TX for work. Many never come back. Our culture is very similar to South Texas.

The signs here don’t carry any “force of law”, but may lead to trespassing problems if one is told to leave.

I have quit being a customer at several once-favored businesses over the signs.

Sometimes I learn that some idiot employee put the signs up w/o approval.

Thanks for replies. . . .

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom