DK Firearms

Bad weather in S.A. Prayers for you folks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm west of SA a ways, but as bad as I need rain, I'm glad most of this is passing just south of me... If reports of ping pong and baseball sized hail are true, nobody needs that!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    North of Ft Worth is getting hammered too.
    Keller ain't no place to be.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'm west of SA a ways, but as bad as I need rain, I'm glad most of this is passing just south of me... If reports of ping pong and baseball sized hail are true, nobody needs that!

gll,

Our neighborhood, on the east side of Downtown SA, at 2045 hours is getting marble-size hail but (so far) little rain/lightening/thunder.

yours, satx

Reactions: gll

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    FYI, I really like the KSAT Weather app if you have an iPhone. Showing live weather feed at this time

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    When it went over little elm it was cycling so we just got heavy rain and a few hail stones. No damage.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    We had a tornado last time it got Biblical like this. The worst of it went south of us by a mile or so, but friends in Garden Ridge were reporting the exact same experience we had last time. Haven't heard from they yet this AM, but it was sounding pretty bad. Also heard Honda got slammed.

We didn't get much sleep last night.. the lightening was hitting us up here until round 4:30 AM. Hope y'all made it through OK.

Last time: Sound of hail destroying our roof.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We got hit pretty hard in Helotes, but no dents in the cars or damage to the house.

My buddy in Castroville believes they had a tornado come through as his patio furniture and grill are missing!

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    We got hit pretty hard in Helotes, but no dents in the cars or damage to the house.

My buddy in Castroville believes they had a tornado come through as his patio furniture and grill are missing!
    Watching the live weather last night, they did report tornado on ground in Honda and it was heading right into Castroville.
    Last month when the tornado hit the lake (and just whizzed past us) we went to look at the damaged. Huge trees snapped off just a few feet from the ground... and gone. Makes me wonder where all that stuff, like trees and BBQ come back down! :o It would def. be less than ideal to have a bbq fall out of the sky onto my car/truck or house.

Hopefully he's just missing some stuff. We're getting a new roof, courtesy of the last event. :/

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    North of Ft Worth is getting hammered too.
    Keller ain't no place to be.

My friend in Keller had damage to her minivan (she had no room for it in her garage) and house roof damage. Tangerine size hail, approaching baseball size. We're in Tarrant County and we luckily had no hail.

Top Bottom