• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    Been using a pri gas buster for years with all my aac suppressors and today I have had enough of the blowback. Anybody try anything else to seal up the gap that the gas buster leaves. Could be that crappy monarch academy stuff I was shooting but it was damn near unbearable today. Ive heard of using sealants and o-rings but I want to see if some others have tried to fix this problem. So chime in with some ideas.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can say that Wolf, Monarch, etc. tends to be down right unbearable in the fumes department. I recall running some Monarch through a suppressed B&B TP9 machine pistol and basically losing my vision from my eyes watering. They have an AR style charging handle.

Have you tried the Bravo Company big boy charging handles? Might work a little better? There's also the choice to go piston. That would cut back on some of the total gas blowback.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Try RTV sealant on the charging handle right where it meets the upper. Get it in just the right spot and it can help, at least for a little while.

subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    Yep tried it on my bcm gunfighter CH a while back and it was definitely more blowback than the PRI, I think you hit it on the mark with the powder they use as the culprit, Ive used hogden BLC-2 for reloads and they were pretty dirty in 223 but nothing compares to the smoke filled blowback I've seen out of these monarch's. They do produce one hell of a fireball out of my 10.5 without the can . Im going to pick some of that sealant up sig friend mentioned and hopefully it might make it a few mags. thanks for the responses, but I think the common sense remedy is going to be ammo with cleaner powders. Forgot to mention that I have a piston but its a 14.5 and your right about its the way to go suppressed, just really like my setup on the DI 10.5. and dont want to switch it out with a piston (YET!). Thanks guys

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I run a POF 11.5 piston upper, PRI gas buster and a Gemtech G5 and still get blowback. Although it's not as bad as when I'm running a standard DI upper. I'm going to start packing a dust mask in my range bag.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    PRI Gasbuster and/ Or RTV sealant.

I have been searching for the holy grail of Gas busting for years and have not found it.

I to shoot mostly Wolf in my M16s and AR15s. Its gassy stuff.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That is an intersting option. I forget who made it. Would like to see one in person.

Sidewinder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Austin
    ????? What is this???
    looks like it diverts gas to the side through the forward assist. It's creative thats for sure. See if you can find out who make this.
    Yes it diverts the gas but, the hole goes all the way thru both sides.
    I made one on my small lathe & it only has the top hole blowing gas to the right (not both sides).
    Still can't find who made those.
    It works good with the over priced gas buster.

You could remove the forward assist? ... that'd give you an idea how the above would work.
    You could do that to see how much it helps.
    Then decide if you want to buy one or even make one like I did.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    shot some ammo out of a 11,5 with an aac m4 1000 today, the ammo was some of the lake city stuff, and it was some stanky stuff, sighted in an eotech ...stinky or not shooting with the can was AWESOME!!!

TalonRob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Your going to get gas no matter what you do. Pistons help for those of you without one. As long as the bolt moves and the ejection port is open, you will have to live with it. A good set of googles with a half way decent seal will help with your eyes though.

Top Bottom