• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I read the article earlier today. I pretty much stopped at the $5,300 price tag. I would think most folks couldn't afford it. I know I can't.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I agree that it's overpriced, no matter how good it is. And I wouldn't want one if it were half that price. I've been waiting for at least 2 years for Beretta to let me know that my Manurhin reservation is in and ready. I've given up hope on that.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I read the article earlier today. I pretty much stopped at the $5,300 price tag. I would think most folks couldn't afford it. I know I can't.
    <>

It’s not even a matter of “affording” it.

Way back when the late Sam Walton was the wealthiest person in the USA, and was thought to be the wealthiest man in the World (he wasn’t); he was asked by a reporter: ‘’Why do you drive a 9 year old F-150 2WD Pickup?’’

Sam replied “It gets me to my office just fine & the A/C is still cold.”

The reporter persisted: “But you could afford any of the nicest cars in the World?”

Therein lies a difference b/t a reporter and a person of wealth. One doesn’t spend money just b/c he could; the other is a moron.

One of my very best friends owned the 4,400ac ranch in Brooks County adjacent to Mr, Walton’s quail hunting ranch. Let me tell that ”Mr. Sam” had plenty of very expensive traveling equipment including a fleet of corporate jets.

Sam’s bird dogs went in absolute luxury; a fleet of large air conditioned Aluminum dog trailers pulled by nice new F-350 4WD’s.

The Korth ‘’looks impressive’’, including the price tag.

But my Python is proven to work very well; as well as any 6-round .357.

So, I saw the Korth in the Geneva shop window the same way as a teen boy sees the girls in Playboy.

Comme dit les Fancais: « Chaq’ un a son gout ! »

leVieux

<>

baboon

TGT Addict
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    High quality nice things are seldom cheap. High quality nice things tend to appreciate in value. As a kid reading gun magazine in the grocery store while my parents shopped I first seen Korth pistols. I sure thought they were very impressive and wished that one day I could afford one.

Well the day that I could afford one had other thing that I wanted more. But that’s the story of life. What I wanted was actually more money, and I bought it instead. And today even having used it and enjoyed it it’s worth more then what I paid for it.

Top Bottom